Contact Me

Sunday, December 17, 2023

Tupperware--Yay!

 


Friday, when I went to the Tupperware lady in the parking lot, I was reminded of a long-ago memory. My son had the Tupperware Shape O. I loved it. He did not know how to get the pieces in the holes. He was frustrated and never played with it. Well, his sister figured it out right away. He was so smart, but could not get the hang of this toy. 

I found a key ring of the toy on Friday with one shape inside. It, of course, does not open. But, I love it because it reminds me of baby days. 

Saturday. I awoke at 11 am, washed my hair, ate cereal, and we were on our way. The Tupperware lady thought it was going to rain, so did not set up because of the chance of wind. I wanted another key chain.

The search for the closest Birmingham precinct was an ordeal and took too much time. But, the two coats have been donated. 

Then, we went to only one store where I found three things on my list of nine items. However, I bought other things that tempted me. The one item that shocked me when I arrived home was the ads for Coke right on the front of the card with Santa. Strange. He is holding a Coke, too. Maybe I can find my gold seals to stick over the ad. I also bought a pack of Christmas napkins I did not mean to buy.

Tommy had fluffed the tree on Friday, so I asked him to plug it up today. I cannot bend enough to get the electric cord. 

We were out after dark which stressed me! I called him for thirty minutes to come and use the self-check-out. I cannot reach it from the electric cart. He will get a new phone since this one only twitters and he cannot hear it with it on the console or in his pocket. I have no idea if it has a vibrate mode. If it does, he cannot feel or hear that. I worry about what if I needed him. 

We ate the last of the chicken and vegetables and salad tonight. Tommy will cook the 3 lbs. of ground beef when I chop onions. I found two huge bags of blueberries in the refrigerator that need to be cooked since they have thawed. 

Tonight, we watched Home Alone for the third time this season. I absolutely love it again. We watched Home Alone 2 once this season. 

My referral for lymphedema therapy is being held up. Lack of PA is holding up another med I was prescribed. So, what's new with my healthcare?

We are both exhausted. so I may make this an extra early night. Of course, this exhaustion has nothing with overdoing it because of Christmas. It's just me. 

Did your child have a Tupperware Shape O? I think that is the name. 

Since I cannot find mincemeat, I may make a blueberry pie. 

How was your Saturday?

Any deals? 

Any progress on Christmas?


7 comments:

  1. I went and used the last of my sausage coupons and got 6 more rolls. We are stocked up on that now for a long time. I like the little Shapo Tupperware toy. What a sweet memory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have my kid's shape sorter! Both of them loved it.

    Hallmark used to make ornaments for iconic kid's toys. I have the round pusher on wheels that pops colored balls, Candyland, and others. We have them hanging on our "kid" tree--the small one in our family room that has all the fun/plastic/handmade ornaments from their childhoods.

    I would totally take that sorter off the keychain and hang it on my tree!

    That ad of Santa holding a coke is iconic. Why do you want to put gold stickers on it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue,
      All three of my children loved it, too. I saved it and seven years later, the third enjoyed it, too. I don't think we have it anymore. I may have given it to the oldest.

      I do intend to put it on the tree, and I have three more ordered.

      The ad is on the front of a Christmas card I bought. I like the Coke he is holding, just not the little buy Coke ad in the corner. I bought it for that, not a separate ad. It just seems so gauche.

      Delete
  3. Well, I ordered 2 sorter ornaments for each kid to hang on the Kid Tree. Someday they'll get them for their own trees. Thanks for the hot tip, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, we had the Tupperware Shape Sorter toy.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.