Contact Me

Thursday, December 14, 2023

I Have a Lisp or As I say, "lithp" and Cool Whip Candy

Friday night, I made a meatloaf from a pound of ground beef. To make it healthier, I made some substitutions. For a long time, I have used old-fashioned oats, and still do. I used 1/8 tsp of salt and lots of spices. Instead of catsup, I used tomato paste. I wanted the small can, but Tommy brought me the large can, maybe 15 oz.??? I have used catsup only on the top and just a bit, a smear. But, since I had so much tomato paste, I used a thick layer of tomato paste with a tsp of brown sugar. That is much less than catsup has in it. I also used more pepper than usual Also, lots of onion and bell pepper. I love the tomato and bell pepper taste. Hopefully, it won't be bland without all the salt I have used in the past. Oh, one egg even though I should have used two. I didn't want Tommy to have to get me another. 

I usually put this in a brownie pan or Corelle casserole. This time, I formed it on a piece of non-stick foil. The loaf is about an inch from the sides of the baking/cookie pan. There will most likely be lots of fat that floats out. I will get rid of that before it reabsorbs into a cooling meatloaf. 

With the meatloaf, we will have broccoli and green beans. I know it is two green vegetables, but the broccoli needed eating NOW, and he already had the can of beans open. We have already cooked carrots, but we will just have the two green things. 

The top of the meatloaf scorched but came off in a sheet, leaving the meatloaf fine. I think it was the bit of brown sugar mixes with the tomato paste. And, I did not cover it. I know better. We have enough left for another meal.

I did not have an apple or banana on Wednesday and felt abused. So, we went out for that and other things, just a quick trip to Publix. I do have my requisite bowl of Cool Whip...lol.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

Late Thursday, I was sneezing huge, hard sneezes about thirty seconds apart. These were debilitating, leaving me breathless. The last one caused me to bite my tongue, way far at the back of my tongue. It bled profusely. 

Several hours after when I went to bed, I could not lie on my left side without extreme pain along my face and into bones, as it seems. I finally could lie on left side instead or right. I cannot sleep on my right side at all. It was an agonizing night.

When I finally awoke at 2:30 pm
., I had a lisp, a really pronounced lisp! I need to make calls to people I have never met or talked with on the phone. I hate to make an excuse that probably will not be believed. Besides the lisp, there is another sound. To say, "I hurt," I say, "I hut." It is annoying as I keep biting my tongue. The place I bite is waaay back on my tongue. No doctor on np that has looked will acknowledge there is a problem with tongue being swollen. But, this is a symptom of Hashimoto's that is not being treated.
 
I know people get tired of hearing about my pains! But, my tongue hurts way down into my throat below tonsils. I have bitten my tongue more in the last two years than in the last 75 years before that. 


Have you ever made this candy?

What kind of candy do you make, if any? 

Do you bite your tongue ever? Isn't it painful? 

Are you ever 'f'orced' into eating two green vegetables you would normally eat with another vegetable?




6 comments:

  1. I have bitten my tongue very hard many times, but never had those symptoms.
    I am never 'forced' to eat anything. I choose to eat what I want - may not make sense to others - but I eat what I like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheryl,
      This is the worst I have bitten my tongue ever. I cannot imagine biting it any further back. It must hurt to have someone slice off your tongue.

      You misunderstood me. No one actually forced me to eat green beans or broccoli. We felt 'forced' to eat the vegetables because the broccoli needed to be eaten now, and we had opened the beans.

      Delete
  2. It hurts so bad to bite your tongue, I've done that many times, unfortunately.

    Your meatloaf sounds delicious. I love a good meatloaf.

    I've not tried that cool whip candy but I am off to check out the recipe. Only 3 ingredients? Count me in. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belinda,
      It has never hurt so bad and this long.

      My meatloaf is delicious in my book.

      Three ingredients, chocolate, and candy was what drew me in.

      Delete
  3. Oh my, that Cool Whip candy looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belinda,
      Doesn't it? !!!
      I think I ought to wait until next year since I already have to much to do this year. But, I cannot wait.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.