Contact Me

Monday, December 18, 2023

Santa Charcuterie Board



Santa

Santa Charcuterie Board 

I really dislike what she uses as a base, I have a large glass cake plate I would rather use than the woven mat. 

There was text here, but in order to get rid of the code that somehow replaced it, I had to get rid of the text. I don't know. It makes no sense to me. 

But the charcuterie board is adorable. 

Yesterday, Blogger or something would not allow me to reply to comments on my own blog! Very slowly, we are getting what few decorations we have up. Wreath is on the door at last with new poinsettias on it, ones that won't be ruined by the dampness. Well, maybe they will, but my favorite, fake poinsettias will be used inside. 

So far, I have found directions to make two items for the yard next year, rather than buy. My reindeer are on the way. 

I think I may have found someone to help in the house. And, I met a woman moving out who would potentially have been a good friend candidate. Just my luck--moving out.

If I were to make a charcuterie board, it would be our dinner. 

Have you made any kind of charcuterie board?


12 comments:

  1. no, Son 2 has for others but not for our family. The heathens would trash it in a heart beat LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chef,
    I cannot comment on my own blog! That is funny! I thought about what it would look like after a few people ate from it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't taken the time to put anything together that would be called a charcuterie board. I have done finger foods, but they each have their own dish.

    Glad you're able to get some decorations up. We put up our tree yesterday. I'll place some festive things around the house tonight and tomorrow night and then will call it done. We'll put everything back into storage on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alice,
      I won't let this linger either. I always take things down on New Year's Day. So, I will probably do the same this year.

      Delete
  4. It's certainly cute, but I wouldn't call that a charcuterie board. A cleverly arranged snack tray, maybe.

    I am not a snob, but bologna does not belong on a charcuterie board. There is almost no meat, nor a variety of cheeses. Santa's face looks like a block of mozzarella, there are no crackers/breads. I don't know what olives are doing next to (all those dang) blueberries. Not sure what the honey is for, either, since there are no decent cheeses to drizzle it over.

    The woven tray, with no liner underneath, is really a bad idea for the wet cut strawberries and the olives. Wood is traditional, but even glass would be so much better.

    A charcuterie board for dinner would be delicious and very satisfying. Not this one, though. 5 stars cause it's cute, zero stars cuz it's made of weird/yucky components.

    I'm sure you would come up with something much tastier, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue,
      Believe me, the cuteness was the only thing I liked. Everyone puts food on a tray and calls it charcuterie. Nope. The olives had me puzzled, too. Yes, the honey stymied me. It is weird, but cute. I even went through in my mind what I would put on this for my children.

      I would have wanted a liner between the mat and the food. How is it sanitary after meat sitting on it? Glass would definitely been my choice. Even a pizza pan would be better.

      Delete
  5. It is cute - but not liking the items picked to be together.
    Hope the person you found to help in the house works out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheryl,
      I would put different food on there for myself or for company. I went to talk with my contact. She has an abscess from tooth. So, I am not sure.

      Delete
  6. This morning (Thursday, 12/21) Good Morning America did a piece on "Charcuter-Wreaths" for the holidays. You should check it out, very cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alice,
      I will check that out after the cleaner leaves. Thanks.

      Delete
  7. There are some nice ideas for Christmassy looking plates and wreaths, brussels sprouts trees etc on blogs, the internet etc. Something to suit everyone I think

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan,
      I look at all of those as it gives me ideas to suit us. Fun!

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.