Contact Me

Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Health Update and Breakthrough and Food

First, I skipped the brushing for three nights. One night Tommy did not want to and grumbled. It is the only thing about my health that has caused him to grumbled, so I did not mention it again.

 Well, things got worse. The swelling in one leg made it so I could not bend my knee at all! The other was swollen a bit and both feet tingled and hurt. I told him how bad it was, and he could see my knee and foot. So, I disrobed and he brushed me on Tuesday night. I slept until 1:30 pm on Wednesday. My leg was almost normal size and feet did not hurt at all. Obviously, brushing is good for many things. 

 We had things planned for Wednesday, but it was too late. We collected the three grocery ads.
 Water and Diet Caffeine-Free Cokes were cheap at The Pig, and I wanted coconut and Kraft Sandwich Spread. So, that was the only store where we shopped. 

We also gave away food to a woman in the parking lot. Dinner was ready and waiting--baked chicken breast, potatoes, carrots. Lest anyone worry, I ate two small pieces of potato, and three pieces of carrot. No sodium was added. We could both eat several potatoes but don't. 

 Belinda gave me a link for lymphedema and lipidema. I left a message in the 'contact us' section. A woman called today from a company that makes and sells compression items. She gave me the number to call a therapist for either condition. I feel so grateful, like my life has been saved. So, I have a number to call in the morning. 

 I made a decision. If I do not have a turkey breast in the freezer or don't find one on sale, we will have chicken breast for our Christmas feast. The sides are the important part, anyway. Speaking of sides, I had better start making and freezing them. I have three bags of cranberries right now. Tommy does not want sweet potato casserole because--he said it just doesn't sound right...okay. But, he does want green bean casserole. I want some sort of Jello side, too, made with sugar-free Jello. Oh yes, giblet gravy.

 I came back to the post and discovered there were no paragraph breaks. I never post anything this long without paragraph breaks. So, I put in a long break. It still show one long mess of text. Anyone having trouble with blogger like this?

Okay, I fixed it, I think. I had not changed one setting but figured out how to change back to paragraph breaks.

4 comments:

  1. I’ve not had trouble with paragraph breaks yet. I did notice Blogger fixed the pause that happens when you respond to a comment and I’m so glad as it used to take a minute before you could respond again. Hopefully they will fix your paragraph issue. Sounds like the brushing is working! That is wonderful news!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belinda,
      One post I wrote comes out completely in code!

      Yes, the brushing is helping immensely. Okay, there is a paragraph break after the first sentence, so let's see if it is in here.

      Delete
  2. It seems like skin brushing has become very important for your health. It must frustrate you greatly to have to skip it when you KNOW it is so beneficial for you. Maybe you need to come up with some kind of "treat" to reward Tommy for skin brushing. Something to keep him motivated and compliant, LOL!

    Either that, or you need to get a long-handled brush so you can brush your feet/legs/trunk/arms while in the recliner. About the only thing you couldn't do well yourself is your back, right?

    I'm with Tommy--green bean casserole instead of sweet potato!

    Thanks for the reminder to get cranberries. I found a recipe for cranberry jalapeno jelly that I'm dying to try. I want to make it and then can it. I haven't hot-water-bath canned anything in a very long time. It's time to resurrect that skill set!

    Ugh. I have to think about cooking a 22 lb turkey next week. I guess the first step is thawing, eh? Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know what 'reward' would work with him...lol. Believe me, I had the thought.

    He has agreed to do it, if not cheerfully, at least without grumbling. He can see the difference in the morning. We do use a long-handled brush. I could only do the front of my legs and not very well. It is impossible for me to bend in the recliner and get to back of legs I cannot raise because of fluid.

    I saw a recipe for jalapeno jelly. I would have to use cayenne. I love cayenne pepper jelly on a cracker with cream cheese. I made and sold dozens of jars of that for several years.

    I did manage to bake that 12-lb turkey. Never again! I cannot even think about a 21-lb turkey.

    ReplyDelete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.