Contact Me

Saturday, December 9, 2023

Catching Up and Maybe a Heart Attack or Reflux

 Thursday

When Tommy did the brushing for me, I had to turn onto my stomach. The bed is so saggy and lumpy that lying on my stomach is very uncomfortable. I was thrashing around trying to turn back onto my back. The mattress still moves off the bed. I told Tommy to hold my hand and help me. Well, my feet never could stick to the carpet, so I was sliding as though on ice. He kept pulling after I told him to stop. I was getting hysterical because I would not be able to get up when I sat on the floor.

All the rolling around on the bed and struggling not to fall upset my stomach so that I had awful reflux, I finally got to the living room and my chair. I thought I was going to throw up and was salivating. Then, my chest started hurting. I truly thought I was having a heart attack. But, reflecting on the reflux occurring, I held on and moaned and groaned while wanting to throw up. After sitting up half the night, I finally felt i could go to bed without more reflux. 

Friday

Tommy found the Christmas tree box. He brought that and the artificial poinsettia into the living room.

I tried on the three pair of house shoes we brought home from Belk's. None fit. So, back they go.

Dinner was chicken sandwich with BBQ sauce and slaw. 

Tommy has really changed his mind about fast food. We no longer go to Hardee's for the sausage and biscuit. He won't carry food to eat in the car....until today.

I bought some red Rubbermaid  (I think) plastic boxes about the size for a sandwich. He was not happy I bought them because we have so many storage boxes. But, they are not just the right size for a sandwich. I have carried the square glass snaplock ones. But, they are so heavy and breakable. These were bogo, too.  Today, I was making a sandwich to eat in the car while we had a wait. He came in with a box with a sandwich for himself. He always asks me if we should take drinks. Well, I would have to go to the bathroom, so said, "No." He decided not to carry a Diet Pepsi, either. 

If we are out and I say I am hungry, he gets me whatever I want. So, he is not being stingy with me or himself.  It takes him a while to take up my good habits. But, he picks up my bad habits immediately.

Friday night, we were up when it turned to Dec 9, his birthday, so I sang Happy Birthday to him. I have gotten him nothing because we never got to Tiger Rag. It is so far. I told him I would buy dinner for him wherever, but won't go in. He was fine with that. 

On Saturday, we are going to go to the parade. I cannot sleep and my left leg is swelling and itching so I just came in here to the laptop. We won't be shopping for him because the weather will be bad tomorrow. Well, that was the forecast. 



6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday t Tommy! That was funny when you said he picked up your bad habits quickly. I think you've really converted him though, he is always picking up your good habits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belinda,
      He says thanks. Really, I have converted him a bit okay, a lot.

      Delete
  2. Happy belated birthday to Tommy! have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will tell him. Thanks. His good day is over; it is back to doing laundry...lol.

      Delete
  3. Happy Belated Birthday to Tommy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue,
      Tommy says Thank You. I will post about his birthday tomorrow.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.