Contact Me

Tuesday, December 26, 2023

89 Diabetic Friendly Desserts

 Recipes for diabetic-friendly desserts. Some look delicious.

We went out to snag some bargains. Mostly, we bought at Publix, bringing home Christmas designs of Ziploc freezer and storage bags to use all year long. We have not tabulated exactly what I bought.

Then, we found more bargains at another store where we bought little. I was surprised the stores were not packed. 

Today, we had  a replay of Christmas dinner. It was even better today. 

I won't be sorry to put away the decorations. I do dread it, especially the tree deer. 

I turned the water on in the sink to warm it up, walked away. When I came back the counter on the left side of the sink was standing in water. I put a towel in the water. I threw out a whole large canister of oats which was soaked an inch up the side. Tomorrow, I will buy a new faucet and call the plumber. I have not looked under the sink of the counter that had water on it. So, no telling what is wrong. No water was flowing out of the sides or bottom of faucet. But, I am sure the plumber can find the problem. 

Did you shop at sales?

Return things? 

Find bargains or gifts for next year? 

If you cannot post a comment on my blog, please inform me at lgd113@yahoo.com. 

13 comments:

  1. No shopping, I refuse to go in stores at this time of year. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chef,
      Tommy was so surprised when there was not a crowd in the one store when he went in with me. So, it was no problem at all. Tomorrow, I have to go to Lowe's. There will be no crowd since the place was practically stripped before Christmas.

      Delete
  2. Merry Christmas Linda. Sorry to hear about your flooding problems - what a pain in the butt! Oh and I'm the opposite of you. I hate putting the tree up and decorating it but don't mind at all taking it down. Just like I hate packing a suitcase but don't mind unpacking it. Methinks there's something Freudian in there but I can't figure it out yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Treaders,
      Merry Christmas! I am stymied as to how water is all over the counter yet nowhere near the faucet. I am quite sure there must be something Freudian somewhere. We may never know.

      Delete
  3. No shopping here. I put out little for Christmas - so no big deal putting it away. Was the sink plugged up? Kind of sounds like it. Hope you figure it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheryl,
      Except for the deer, there is little put out. The sink being plugged was not the problem. The water was all over the counter and nothing appeared to be running from the faucet or anywhere. It is just mysterious water all over the counter. We have not run water at all.
      I did buy a new faucet because the one we have is old and leaks and sprayer is old. I know a washer would fix the drip. But, I have had the sprayer fail and water almost ruined my floor. Those kinds of leaks never happened when I was home or awake.

      Delete
    2. Let me clarify. I had the water on, warming it up for using. The water was running in the sink and down the drain. There was no water leaking from joints in faucet. There was no water anywhere on the sink. The water was on the counter for about two feet. It is mysterious to me. I expected to find a trail of water from faucet to counter. Nothing.

      Delete
    3. Curious to hear what the problem is!

      Delete
  4. Water randomly in middle of the counter = poltergeist

    Most of those diabetic desserts do look pretty tasty, I must admit. I don't think many of them are terribly low in carbs, though. I'd just as soon have a PB cookie made with PJ, an egg, vanilla, and a sugar substitute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wondered how they looked as far as ingredients. I will look them over. I have wondered about the flourless pb cookies. I suppose anything helps.

      Delete
  5. PS: You really didn't have to throw out the whole cannister of oats. You could have bailed them out until you hit the wet oats. And then you could have spread out the wet oats on a rimmed baking sheet, baked them at a low temp (~200 F) until they were dry, and use them as usual. Poltergeist or not, that's what I would have done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue,
      I really don't know how far up moisture in the oats went. I cannot stand to do all this bailing and spreading and heating.

      Delete
    2. Besides, we were leaving right that minute for someplace we needed to go. No time to bail and still stay on track to get home before dark.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.