Contact Me

Thursday, December 21, 2023

Good Things Gone Wrong Then Great

 The cleaner was supposed to be here at noon. I called her number about forty minutes early and asked her to wear a mask. Well, this was the number of the woman who referred her to me. Sooo, she did not find out early enough and had to go to the original woman's house for a mask. Cleaner said she did not use a mask because of her health. She has asthma and cannot wear a mask. I told her I wear a mask because I do have asthma. I wear it for my health. I have no idea where this will lead us. 

She finally showed up at 1:30. I had gotten up at 11 since she assured me she would be here at noon. So, I was exhausted by the time she arrived. Now, at almost 6 pm, I am nodding. 

The first thing I needed help to do was to assemble the deer family and help run the extension cord from the deer to the utility room. We worked on that from 1:30 until 3:30. Those deer could not be assembled in ten minutes for all three as one guy on video said! No way! 

She needed to get home to her eleven foster dogs, so Tommy paid her $30 for two hours. There was no cleaning, but that is okay. He was okay with it. He was dreading putting the deer together. He went shopping for us. She will be back at three o'clock on Friday. 

He bought the four things I wanted, all bogo. However, the size on bogo was not in the store. The manager gave him two of the smaller size free. That was a surprise. He also got two other things we need that he had reminded me to get and forgot.So, he did well. 

Tommy peeled sweet potatoes yesterday for a sweet potato pie. I trimmed them and he put them in a pot with a bottle of water. Then, we let them burn! I stupidly poured water into the pan of badly scorched sweet potatoes, and, of course, everything then tasted burned, even the parts that were only barely scorched. Soooo, tonight, we will do it all over again. I was so disgusted that I did something I knew better than to do. 

The lights are set with a timer to come on at 6 pm. It is 5 pm and pitch dark out, so I am antsy to see them deer lit. Tomorrow, we will reset the timer to come on at 5 pm. 

On Wednesday, I tried to spray flea killer in the bathroom. It sprayed me in the face. Yes, it was not pointed at me! I kept trying and sprayed me and everything I was not trying to spray. So, that goes back and I complain to the company. 

Thursday night, we went out after dark to see my deer family from the street. They are so beautiful and bright. Then, we checked out our neighborhood lights and a subdivision across the big road. It was fun until I could not stand Tommy driving into the opposite side of the street, almost into yards. I needed to come home...lol. The deer look great but lonely. 

Cleaner is coming tomorrow at 3 pm. Tommy wants to take me to a jewelry store on Friday! 

He cooked three pounds of ground beef while I chopped onions to cook with it. Then, I put one bag in refrigerator and two in freezer. 

I am waiting to see the deer lights go off at midnight. I am like a little kid that way. 

Does it bother you when workers don't show up when they say they will, especially if you will lose sleep getting up early? Plus, we had something to do and she thwarted that. 

Does a day ever start off with things going sideways and then, to your surprise, straighten out?

Do you know how bad burned sweet potatoes smell and taste?

6 comments:

  1. Hubby has our lights set for 4:30 so if they don't come on he can still see to fix them LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chef,
      That is a good idea. I am not sure if Tommy could fix them.

      Delete
  2. You keep different hours than most people - so she is probably not used to that. I understand her not wearing a mask - I have family with asthma that cannot as well. You can wear yours.
    I bet the deer look pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheryl,
      Actually, she keeps same sort of hours. She told me dogs come before people. She could at least have shared that with me. She has trouble sleeping. But, if I lived with 11 dogs, I would have trouble sleeping, too.
      She puts her health before mine. I don't like my health problems being not important to the person I am paying to help.
      There is no excuse. She cleaned at one house with pure Clorox, so she may not have a problem if she can breathe through hours of that.

      Delete
  3. Gah! I cannot bear it when people, and it seems it's *always* housecleaners, do not show up when they say. I had a team, three people, years ago, who were to come every Monday. I had warned them when I hired them that I didn't care which day they picked, or time, as long as they stuck to it. Well, that worked for a while, then it was always a call saying they would be an hour late, come the next day, until one week, they put me off until Thursday evening, when they called and said they would be there Friday, then go back to .y regular Monday appointment. I told them not to bother coming until Monday, and they responded that they would have to charge me more on Mo nday in that case. I told them not to bother returning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meg,
      You were very tolerant. But, when they cannot come and then must charge you more? I don't blame you for letting them go.
      I am sitting here exhausted and must get up and try to function on little sleep today thanks to her procrastination.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.