Contact Me

Friday, December 22, 2023

Scrinch

 As usual, I got four hours of sleep, if Thursday night. I went right to sleep, awoke four hours later and was up for the night. I finally went to sleep thirty minutes before I told Tommy to wake me at 10 am. I ate cereal for breakfast, washed my hair and dressed. Tommy wanted to go buy me a necklace/chain. Jared's was where he chose to purchase it. I was shocked at what he was willing to spend with no hesitancy. It is wrapped and under the tree. I am so happy. I cannot wait to open it on Christmas Day.

We were right at the Galleria so he took something back to Belk's for me. 

Cleaner was supposed to come at three. We got back about 3:05. I tried to call and she had phone off. So, we left to go to Lowe's and Publix. The flea sprayer that got in my face was going back. Well, there were nine people in line for refunds and the line was not moving. 

We then went to Publix. I changed my mind. I do want a turkey breast. They were out with more coming in on Saturday. Maybe we will have chicken breast. Maybe not. 

My deer were lit up at 3 pm even though I set it for 6 pm. Tommy later tried to explain it to me. I don't understand what the problem with the timer was, and don't care. He fixed it. 

I know I have more Christmas decorations because I found no ornaments or the fake mistletoe for over the door. But, maybe I will find them during the year for Christmas 2024.

I tried to call the cleaner about five, thinking she might come at night. She had said something about cleaning at night. No answer. 

Today was a nice day, 61 and sun, no wind.  We gained ten seconds today after the winter solstice! YAY! We are headed toward Spring and Summer. 

The cleaner not coming is okay. I will only allow her to clean the bathroom. She bites her nails to practically nothing. Her fingernails have black dirt around the nail, even on the quick that is showing. Biting her nails is not a problem, but the dirt is.  Even if she washed her hands after going to the bathroom, she would get this off her hands. So, she is too nasty. I don't want her making my bed or helping to sort the freezer. The search continues. I will call her for a few outdoor things. She did not call or answer the phone. So, I assume she does not want to work. 

She said she cleans houses that are going on the market or after they sell, not sure. Maybe is when they are built and she preps them for sale. Her hands stop when her mouth moves, so not sure how long she worked Thursday. She also said she does only two or three each month. 

It seems she went in with a gun and kidnapped her daughter who is manic depressive schizophrenic. So, she carries a gun and will use it. Great! 

The woman who gave me her name said she carries snacks only, never food. She offered cleaner a sandwich of meat and bread. Cleaner said, "Are you trying to kill me? You know I don't eat food like that." When she first came here, she had a Pepsi. I told her there was bottled water in the kitchen. She told me she never drinks water, just Pepsi and coffee. I exclaimed. She said, "Well if I am sick and think water will make me well, I drink water then." Okay, folks, I could never think this up. 

Oh, she knows one of the women next door.

She has 11 dogs in the house, so smells like dog. She said she has never seen a flea, but when she does uses a certain product. I told her about the stray fleas here. She agreed that vacuuming was the thing to do first. Maybe I can convince Tommy to vacuum. 

That's what Tommy said--"Scrinch." I asked him what and he repeated it two more times. I said, "You mean one of the mean guys?" Finally, he got it untangled from Scrooge and the Grinch. That was the day of the parade. He laughed at himself. So, now we have a new word. 

While we were at the Galleria, Tommy could have returned something to Belk's if we had known cleaner was not coming. 

Sorry this post is mixed up. I am tired and this will be last newsy post until after Christmas. I am so excited to open my gift from Jared's.

Would you have this cleaner in your home, changing the bed, and rearranging the freezer? 


4 comments:

  1. I have always been the cleaner hired LOL. All 6 of the kids also were the ones hired. I have had a couple daughters come clean for me for pay when they are trying to make money for what ever... I always make sure its the ones doesn't stand around and drink my coffee instead of working , actually that is Son 2. And it's the OCD kid if things are not real bad as she gets on her hands and knees and scrubs baseboard with a tooth brush that she brings with her. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chef,
      It is great to hire kids. You know what you are getting and can grow and train the cleaner yourself. I don't think this cleaner can have anyone there when she cleans because she talks too much. I don't mind talking if hands keep moving.

      Delete
  2. I think your problem is really with the woman who gave you the cleaner's name, not with the cleaner herself. You need someone who is more discerning for referrals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue,
      She only had her cleaning out a house being vacated. So, she may not be aware of these problems. Woman said she spent four hours cleaning bathroom, making tiles and grout shine. She was alone for four hours, so unaware of her propensity for being late and talking more than working. But, I will surely tell her the problems if I ever talk with her again. Her situation is different than mine.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.