Contact Me

Tuesday, August 14, 2018

The Wreck Saga

Really, nothing happened for over a week. Finally, more than a week later, the insurance company for the guy who hit me finally responded.

Exbf took me to Ruby Tuesday for dinner because I just cannot stand long enough to slice a tomato. Yes, I could sit, but then I would have to get to the table, and then get back up and go back to the sink.

I think it has been over two years since we ate there even though it is my favorite restaurant. I became tired of a poor experience and being unhappy over service and food on special occasions. Past experiences led me to eschew visiting there again. Today, I decided to live dangerously and take a chance. The waitress was great; service was spectacular, and the food was perfect. I could not say any of that before tonight.

My favorite meal: chicken fingers and a baked potato with sour cream. I usually get cole slaw with this but tonight I ordered sautéed zucchini.

Plus, I always get a salad bar because I do not have to fear facing a cucumber in my salad: mesclun mix, baby spinach, mushrooms, black olives, shredded carrots, grated cheese, chopped apples, broccoli, tomatoes, just a bit of potato salad, and ranch dressing.  This is the perfect salad.

I never can finish all this. So, two boxes were loaded up to take home. I have already finished the salad.

I would love to get one of their desserts, but I don't like dessert immediately after a heavy meal. We always drool over the dessert menu while the meals are coming, but we are too full and too cheap to get one. For my September birthday, maybe we will eat there and I will get a dessert.

I even had a coupon or three. We used the one for buy one and get second meal 1/2 price.

The car was returned this morning. I tried to return it yesterday, but I went at 4 pm, too late to have them take me home.  I was told I could return it at 4 pm. There was a mixup somewhere!

While here, exbf took me places I need to go. I had him log his miles so I could turn the information in to my attorney. I had to go to the doctor who found me in the peak of health! HA!

Now, I am without a car and not loving it at all. Booo!

I wish I could go to Ruby Tuesday more often! What is your favorite place to eat? Remember, this is a small town without many choices.

15 comments:

  1. I learned a bad trick for having the dessert after a big meal.....take it to go. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always take my desserts go to, even if they are alamode. Sometimes when you dont have a car, it drives you crazy, even if you dont have anywhere you need to go. Its the "but I might want tos". It will all work out. Having a totalled car is a long involved process. I drove a rental for almost two months.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barbara,
      Why did I miss taking desserts to go? I was thinking today that I want a car just in case I need to go somewhere. Really, I need to go to the dentist to see what happened to the tooth that keeps crumbling and cutting my tongue. And, I do have someplace to go on Saturday. Two months? Well, as long as I have a car.

      Delete
  3. I like Ruby Tuesday too. I also like the buffalo wings at the TGI Friday's or the Cheesecake Factory with a Bloody Mary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't have the other two. It has been decades since I went to TGI Fridays. The population in this town is 16K and 80K in the county. We are the main drag to the Gulf coast, but we were dry for years, so not much of anything was willing to locate here. Now, I wish I had cheesecake....lol.

      Delete
  4. Cheesecake Factory. They have a chicken carbonara to die for. And we always get a piece of chocolate cake to take home. I could eat it in the car but save it till we get home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tana50,
      I have heard they have great food. Chicken would be my choice. I don't know if I could sit that close to chocolate cake without eating it.

      Delete
  5. Bill and I will get Ruby Tuesday's occasionally for date night at home. We always use one of those buy one get one for 50% off coupons. The one in our town has horrible service inside, which is why we get it to go and eat at home. I love their green beans and garlic mashed potatoes. Yummy! Glad you got to have a great meal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rachel,
      I could stand bad service if the food was properly cooked. The last time we went, they brought me three plates of food and wanted them all paid for even though chicken was burned, wrong thing on baked potato, then burned baked potato, then cold one that must have been sitting around. Forgot what else. It was a disaster. This time, I got what I ordered and it was perfect. The great waitress was a plus. I needed that meal sent here every day...lol. No car, so I could not get it myself.

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I cant believe how long your claim is taking. So sorry this happened to you.

    ReplyDelete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.