Contact Me

Sunday, August 5, 2018

Groceries July 20 to August 4, 2018

2 Red Delicious apples $0.99/lb.
2 bananas
* tomatoes $6
*peaches $6
2 bananas
1 can of Hormel white chicken breast $1.08 on sale/clearance
Sale/clearance pouch of herb mashed potatoes (forgot the brand) $0.57 was half price.
Mounds Bar $0.78

* items from farmer's Market

I spent about $16 this week.

I bought Red Delicious apples after 10 pm, and there were few left that I would buy. The same was true for the bananas that might. I will eat 1/2 an apple each day. These were not large apples nor tiny. Hopefully, apples at this price will be available next week.  Since I have white grapes, I will make a fruit salad on Sunday--apple, banana, grape, Miracle Whip. If I had pecans, I would add pecans.

At the market I paid $6 for 5 peaches. They are huge. I may eat just half a peach each day. Since they were Elberta, the kind I love, I got them. Saturday might, I had slices of bacon along with tomato and Miracle Whip.

Exbf was down to one box of cereal from the 17 we got one day. I found huge boxes of Honey Nut Cheerios marked down to $2.73, so I got three boxes for him.

Mounds is just about my favorite candy bar. While I was in a store I rarely go into, I spotted Mounds. This is one of the few places that carries Mounds. WM does not! I wonder why.

Looking back at the list, it appears I did not eat vegetables. Not so; I have vegetables left.


9 comments:

  1. Glad you were able to find so much fresh fruit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found Family size boxes of Frosted mini wheats for $2.99 box.but the regular (small) box was twice the price! Stocked up on cereal too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jane,
      And, I found at Walgreen's a family size Honey Nut Cheerios or something like that at Walgreen's ad. I will get some of those when he gets here with his money. Those small boxes are too high!

      Delete
  3. I love Mounds too! They do not sell it here but there are a couple other candy bars pretty similar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. T'Pol,
      Do they carry Almond Joy? It is sort of like Mounds, but I prefer the dark chocolate and do not want the almonds. If the chocolate was dark, I could eat the almonds. A couple of weeks ago, I had a Mounds cake. Yummy but too sweet.

      Delete
  4. I want to send you something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ur-spo,
      Okay. Do you have my email address? I may be able to find yours. thank you.

      Delete
  5. Nice to buy fruit/veg from a Farmers Market.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.