Contact Me

Thursday, August 9, 2018

The Wait!

It seems all I do now is wait. I informed the business their employee hit my car at 8 am Tuesday morning. I am still waiting to hear from their insurance agency. The head guy at the business said they were very good and had treated them well over the years. This morning, no one there is returning my call.

The woman who was helping me get things out of the car told here mother I would be angry if she called me early because I liked to sleep late! So, she came and started at 3:15 pm.

So, I found a guy who had a friend who would help me. It made me nervous, but we were going to the car where other people were around--the tow yard.

It took them 45 minutes to strip my car of my possessions.

Then, she took 2 hours emptying it and still has a way to go. I stayed inside and endured her ditziness.  At 5 pm, I told her to stop and we could go get something for dinner. Well, after dinner and a trip to WM to get her phone working and get ice and something I needed, she decided to go wherever. I would not have bought anything to feed her if I had known she was not coming back!

I would call that same guy, but guys just want to transfer junk, not pack and listen to me. She brought in a broken Radio Flyer wheel, my hammer, and two other things. She would not put down the wheel and carried it to kitchen while she put the hammer in the tool box. ??? She carried it from room to room when she could have left it by the back door where she was standing and then put it on a shelf outside the door.

I will never go without full coverage on a car, even if it is a $300 car. Now, my company is not obligated to do anything to help me. So, I am dependent on the other insurance company.

So, that is my life right now, hurting and waiting.

How I found the guys who helped me and got paid for it. I went to DHR and found someone standing in the lobby and asked if they could help me with the task. No, but he knew someone he could ask. That guy called me within 10 minutes and met me within 15 minutes and took 45 minutes to do the job. It is 11 am and I have heard nothing. So, I will call her again.

No response and raining! She will not come saying she did not think I wanted it done in the rain!

By the way, I am paying her cash each day, so she does not have to wait on insurance.

8 comments:

  1. From what you've said there seems to have been a lot of stuff in your car. My brother used his car as a storage unit basically. lolz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were things in there that needed to go to junk store to sell, antiques, things I could not take inside that were neither junk or antique, a bedspread that was on its way to laundry to use their big machines. Of course, now it is on the bottom of the back seat of the truck. AND, I found things in there I was looking for. It is a matter of people putting me off to get one thing after another out of the car and where it belongs. A lot of it is stuff the meth addict put in there and was going to take out later at junk store or wherever.


      I knew a guy with a van who said it was his office, that he kept bills and bank stuff there and just sat in the van to work. He only had room for a bed, covered all furniture with junk, and had even blocked the microwave so he could not eat. AND, he was mad his mother would not let him live with her and him use the carport for her junk. He told me this, so this is not something I heard elsewhere. SAD. He died in that mess from cancer.

      Delete
  2. Wow! What was in the car? And who are all those people? Got me confused. Hope, the insurance process will go smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woman was hired to help me get it out of car. Guys I met courtesy of a stranger who gave me their names. I met stranger at DHR office. I was in no danger as they just met me at public place where the car was parked. Thanks.

      Delete
  3. I hate having to depend on other people. It is not easy, I know. But hang in there and it will all get done. Try to get some rest. I will pray that angels be put around you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I hate to depend on other people. This is killing me, literally!

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.