Contact Me

Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Monday from HELL

My appointment for analysis of my injuries with an orthopedist was Monday and out of town. I stopped 18 miles from here at McD to get a coke and sandwich. I took the $1 Coke. Finally after another 25 miles, lunch was served and I  got something, forgot what but just a little--no beef.

I arrived at the doctor's office on time and on the wrong day. The receptionist treated me like nothing. I reported her. I was telling exbf on the cell about the fact it was the wrong day. So, he heard exactly what she said. When I verified the date and got another at an office other thank where she was located and further away, I reported her abuse.

Getting out of the parking lot, exbf ran over curb with both passenger side tires with me telling he was going to hit the curb! He will not listen to me. You just know I am going to change his whole character by noticing problems. Then, he did it again with me being louder and shriller before he clipped other curb. This was in the same parking lot and one curb over!

He had coffee at 8 am when he left his house. He always stops for coffee and a sausage and biscuit. I bring him a bottle of water to the car. But, he refused to drink any. He is diabetic. He can barely get out of the car and winces and makes lots of noise doing so. He does not drink water for hours so he does not need to go to the bathroom. That is dangerous for a diabetic. Plus, we did not eat until 2 pm. Then, he drank tea.

When we got home, he had drunk about three inches of water from the Dasani water bottle, and most of that was from the neck, so not much. I was continually having to caution him about curbs and turns. He says it is my fault. Next time, I will carry things to give him sugar and insist on using my little blood sugar tester on him. He will fight me and try to resist. I am so afraid for both of us when he drives.

I have to figure out how he can pee sitting. Or, at least not walking. But, getting in and out of the vehicle are his most painful obstacles.

On the way home, Quiznos was closed. I could have cried. We waited until we got back to Cullman and ate at Zaxby's. My salad was delicious.

I had to borrow $50 to put in the bank to get my car since Enterprise requires that. AND, it cannot be cash, or anything except a debit or credit card. I had lost mine and had it replaced. THEN, the loss of the new one still in the sealed envelope occurred about the same time as the wreck. I got the card activated, and then it was turned down at Enterprise! The card MUST be in my name. No one, not even attorney can help me.

So, I went home without a car, AGAIN! The insurance company rented it for one week only, and my orthopedist appointment is later in September. I am not sure how this is going to work. Do insurance companies  just rent a car by the week?

I wanted to go to the free lunch today, so told attorney office they might have to take me. They were not thrilled with that at all. The couple who took me were in late 80s and she had had a knee replacement three weeks ago. They go to these lunches.

There are very few at this lunch that I know name, even the first name and only one couple that I know their telephone  number. They are the same couple. So, I called them and they were unsure if they were going. She said they would go to lunch since I needed a ride. I offered to let them drop me off and find a ride home from someone I knew there. No, they took me and brought me home.

Lunch was wonderful--chicken fingers, mac and cheese, green beans and slice of French bread with butter, and two chocolate chip cookies and unsweetened tea. The chicken finger was more than most chicken breasts. I got a to-go box as I usually do.

The chicken in the box was twice the size of the one I ate, longer than from tip of middle finger and one inch past my wrist and onto arm. It is actually enough for two meals. It is all in the refrigerator for tonight. There is little mac and cheese and even less green beans, which is okay. I can open more beans and do not need a lot of carbs. Okay, I just ate the to-go box contents. There was plenty mac and cheese and green beans.

So, I am stuck with no car AGAIN!

But, I will not have to eat unhealthy dinner tonight as I have for the last week.

A hen ready for the crockpot spoiled, so it is in trash. I could not bend or lift it.

6 comments:

  1. That was a stressful Monday. It would seem to me other driver has to furnish you with a rental until you get a check to buy a replacement car. Enterprise just wants to make sure they get paid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enterprise is a difficult business to work with. We could have gotten a car easier by driving 25 miles to another dealer. I am not the only person in town to feel this way.

      Delete
  2. Wow, what a time. Hope today is better. When we knew someone's car was totaled, we usu got a rental for only 3 days after we extended offer on the car.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nawm,
      this happened on Aug 6. Today is Aug 22. The adjustor just went to car today. I wonder if the towing company charges for days on lot.

      Delete
  3. I thought enterprise picks you up? They did last time we had a car that needed body work (the heitters insurance paid)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CT Bargain Mom,
      That is what they advertise, but they did not have anyone to do it for me.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.