Contact Me

Saturday, August 4, 2018

Freebies in the Mail


Stick 'N' Seal Adhesive Backed Double Switch Draft Sealers. Save Energy and Money. Pack of 4

Do you remember when I went to the Power Board Customer Appreciation Day where I won a Crock Pot? Maybe I told you, but we were invited to fill out a TVA survey and receive in the mail
energy saving products.

When Spring arrived and it had been well over six months, I gave up, wondering why I did not get my things. After that, I never expected anything.

So, imagine my surprise when I went to the mailbox in front of the house and found a huge box stuck in my mailbox. Stuffed? Yes, I struggled to even budge the box.

Inside the box were goodies from TVA--two LED bulbs, a filter whistle to alert a person when the filter to heating and ac unit needs to be changed, a refrigerator magnet, booklet about energy saving, two faucet aerators, 20 switch and outlet insulating sealers.

The sealers, 10 for outlets and 10 for switches are very useful. Have you ever put your hand against the holes in either and felt the wind or cool air coming out?  I had one outlet where there was a strong wind coming out because the outlet was near the floor in a very old house. These go behind the switch plate and outlet plate covers.

All this was packed in a very heavy box with so much padding--bubble wrap and those balloon looking packets of air. The box is very reusable since in has a lid that flips up with a "hinge" area in the cardboard and a huge piece to tuck inside. This box will work for things to be kept together.

I have a place I put all bubble wrap and those balloons of air. I don't save everything, but almost. When they annoy me, I toss them. Oh, I can attach my own thing (flower or note) to the refrigerator magnet advertisement.

Do you live in an area served by TVA (Tennessee Valley Authority)? If you do, have you received this freebie? Do you use sealers for switch plate or outlet covers?

6 comments:

  1. I'm pretty certain we received government funded energy saving lights some years ago. I have never heard of sealers for switch plates but then in Sydney we are really terrible at cold weather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kylie,
      Every little bit of help in keeping the cold air out. "terrible at cold weather"? What do you mean?

      Delete
    2. Sydney winters are short and mild so a lot of people don't bother with good preparation for winter and just tough it out. A lot don't own a coat or good shoes and nobody wears hats at all, not everyone has heating either. A young woman I know puts on a long sleeve in 50F weather and wonders why she is cold. Girls go to night clubs in midriff tops and don't put a coat over the top.
      Things like sealers for switch plates are unheard of because most people just try to pretend the cold doesn't exist

      Delete
    3. kylie,
      I don't own a winter coat! It sounds like I would be at home. I may put a heavy scarf over my head two days in winter. I usually wear a sweater, and if it is really cold I will wear a bra. Most days, I wear a sweater. If it is really cold, I put on a nylon windbreaker over the sweater. We only had about two weeks of really cold weather last year. But, we do our weatherproofing. If I were young I would not wear a coat to a club...lol. Now, I don't go to clubs and would wear something a bit warm.

      Delete
  2. I always like a surprise in the post !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ur-spo,
      Me too. Nowadays, it seems to be mostly junk mail.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.