Contact Me

Tuesday, August 7, 2018

After the Wreck

I was taking my turn at the 4-way stop. This street runs along behind the courthouse. To the right of me was a railroad track in a cut. There are bridges over the track so traffic will not be held up.

Well, this guy in a 15-passenger van came barreling over the bridge and right at the passenger side. He was speeding, I know! I gunned the car so I might get across. Obviously, I should have hit it a bit harder. Instead of the passenger door, he hit a back passenger tire. He said he saw my move. He put on his brakes and still hit me and spun me around. I wonder if he tried to dodge me.

It hurt lots and scared me more. I have muscle aches and a headache. Plus, my neck is hurting. Whiplash? As the car stopped turning, I was grateful my head did not hit the side window. Oh, it hurt both hands, too. In the middle of the night, my left hip, thigh, and foot started hurting.

My hands were shaking so hard and I could barely talk! Actually, my left hand and arm are still shaking this morning.

The guy came running to me, asking me if I was hurt. Then, he told me we needed to move our cars. I told him I was not moving anything! For one, it was after 10 pm and little other traffic. I was shaking so badly that I did not trust my ability to even know how to drive!

Exbf was coming today for a lunch and a visit. I called him from scene, from ER, and after I got home.

I need a rental car, but it will take two days to get one. Bummer! I do not have car rental on my policy, so I will get that next time. Maybe he can rent one for me and I can get it back from the other guy's insurance which is going to be a good policy.

I don't know his name, so I called his work, and he is going to call me. I need a car. If this car is totaled, I have no idea how I will afford another. Too bad the other guy's insurance will not buy me a car. My car is 18 years old, so it is probably totaled with the tire and body damage. I think I left his name in my car.

So, that is all I know. Okay, now neck pops when I barely move my head. I wonder how many other places will start hurting.

9 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I am so sorry to read this. I hope you are not in too much pain for too long. Rest and take care and do follow up with your doctor. I hope his insurance company is easy to deal with for you. Just take things one day at a time...one hour at a time. Saying a prayer for you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got caught up reading and see this. I'm glad it wasn't more serious, but be sure to take care of yourself. His insurance should cover you a rental car(it did when a guy hit my car).Take care

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear this happened to you. But I am glad your injuries weren't worse. Prayers for your healing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too and so sorry it happened. I am just glad it was not worse.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, goodness that must have been scary! glad you are OK, but you will probably feel a bit shaken for a bit, rest up & take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! Always more work than we had planned on doing! I am so glad you are not in the hospital with terrible injuries. But the head and neck aches are enough. Plus all the rest of the aches and pains and shaking. Stay close to home and get plenty of rest and visit your doctors. They might be able to help you get over this faster. Hopefully the other guys insurance will be able to get you a loaner car and pay your medical bills. If they total your 18 year old car, you won't get much. We just went through this with an 18 year old car. It was worth a lot more to us than it was to the insurance company! Then back to car payments. But you will be feeling better soon I hope. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Take it as easy as you can. I do hope it isn't whiplash. I spent over a year in a neck brace and it isn't fun.
    His insurance wouldn't cover a rental car here, I hope it does for you (and that you are well enough to drive).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no Linda. I am so sorry. I hope it works out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is bad news:(
    I'm glad you are alive but I'm sure you are sore to say the least. It could take a few days for all your bumps and bruises to surface. I hope the guys insurance will cover all your medical expenses. Hopefully you can somehow get another car before it's all over.
    What an inconvenience to you.
    Take care, Monica

    ReplyDelete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.