Contact Me

Thursday, August 2, 2018

Still Not Clean

I hired someone to clean the bathroom with exbf's money. So far, $100 has been put into the effort. Yes, it was filthy. She started at the ceiling. She is by far the best cleaner I have had the last two years. She can actually talk and keep cleaning.

During the time I paid her to clean, she also took off the old commode seat, put on a commode seat. I had to show her how once she installed it and the lid would not come up. The new commode seat and lid were mangled. I bought this on clearance but was told it was fine, that the commode seat was opened and returned. Not so. So, I paid her about $20 to take off the old commode seat, put on the new commode seat, put on the new commode seat correctly,  take off the new commode seat, and put on the final commode seat.

She is washing inside a small, low cabinet. It looks great. I have  bookcase type metal piece that is difficult to work around. It is still not clean, very dusty. And, she will wash the window next time unless I can do it. There are four shelves next to sink and over the little, low door. I will clean those shelves.

I will wash the window curtain and the lace curtain I use at the four shelves beside the sink. I certainly manage to do that and save money by not paying her. I can do some things.

My whole bathroom is discombobulated. Some things are outside the bathroom. Since I cannot get into tub, I have used tub to store some boxes. I have to empty those. Well, I have to decide where things go. The toothbrushes and toothpaste I get for Christmas Child boxes are put in one of the boxes in the tub.

Part of her time here was lopping tree limbs. The hickory tree outside the back door has large hickory nuts that weigh down the limbs. When the tree has large nuts and is soaked with rain, the limbs hit us in the face. So, she pulled the limbs down and I lopped. It hurt me but not as much as pulling limbs down. In the front yard at the corner of the street, I noticed the Yoshino Cherry tree limbs would hit cars or bicyclists, so she lopped those limbs. Then, she dragged them to the road.

About 4:30 I was hungry and shocked to see how late it was. She took me up on a pbj sandwich. We both felt much better when we finished.

I have an oval mirror in the bathroom. the frame is plastic but looks like wicker. It needs to be carried outside to the hose. I will take out the mirror and leave it in here. Soap and water will make the dirty frame pristine.

She started on the ceiling, cleaning it, went to walls cleaning them, cleaned the trim above the faux tile. Everyone thinks I have tile on the lower part of the bathroom. No, they could work miracles with plaster and lathe boards 100 years ago. I assume they pressed something against the plaster to make it look like tile.

It took forever for her to clean under the claw foot tub. The bathroom is tiny. There is little room under the tub and even less behind the tub and at the end. Then, at the end there are pipes for the drain, hot water, and cold water.

If I ever have my way, my claw foot tub will not be put against a wall! It will be angled in a corner. If I ever get my way about installation!

The bathroom is white and just about knocks your eyes out when clean and everything like towels and pictures are removed. I use pink towels. The soft soap is always pink shampoo or body wash. The pink and a bit of blue and white "Made in China" item makes it all work. The bath tub always has pink Dove. I need to get another pink rug.

I clean with the brown, liquid Lysol, so it smells nice to me. Clorox is suffocating and Pine Sol is gross and I am allergic to it.

That was all done on a day last week and a day last week. She stayed four hours each day and did other things besides cleaning, just things I needed.

Yes, it was filthy, but I cannot do all this anymore. Hopefully, I can keep it up and only have someone clean the bathroom maybe twice a year just to get what I cannot. I am also going to sell a few things that need to go so I can afford this. I did NOT spend my gift money on this...lol.

No, I am not going to get a Medicare waiver. Do not suggest it. Will not happen. JRE is exempt because she mentioned it and I realized I should have put something in the post. So, I did.

Have you ever fought to clean behind and under a claw foot tub? Have you ever needed help to clean?

16 comments:

  1. The clean bathroom sounds beautiful with all the pink and white. It always feels so good when everything is clean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tana50,
      I use a paler pink than I like to wear. So, it is peaceful, too. I also have four pictures that have pink in them. I just have not hung them yet, so I forgot. I do feel good with it so clean. It lifts my spirits.

      Delete
  2. Have you checked with your county to see if you qualify for home care services. I would think with your medical issues and limited funds possibly a personal care assistant or homemaker which could help with cleaning cooking, shopping.... even if on Medicare many states have something called waivers. You would need to call your social services or public health. Just a thought?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JRE,
      I checked. I qualify. But, it takes about five trips to inspect my house to see my need. Each visit is by a person higher in the organization. The questions are intrusive and demeaning. They make judgments about how I live. So, I will not go through that. I just hope I can get money from somewhere to pay him back and to continue with cleaning the house.


      I have known about this for a long time. It takes 3 months and great scrutiny to get what a person needs. Thanks, th

      Delete
    2. That is too bad, I do home care, actually I'm a RN that owns a small agency. I know that we have zero judgment of people and their surroundings as their circumstances lead to them. It's terrible to have such scrutiny.

      Delete
    3. JRE,
      The questions and pursed lips say it all. It's too bad I am not near your agency. If you email me, I can tell you more. pparsimony@yahoo.com

      Delete
  3. I love a clean bathroom, but they are definitely the worse rooms to clean. I’m glad you were able to get some help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michelle82,
      Plus, the bathroom is the room where cleaning makes the biggest impact. I don't know how much more help I can afford!

      Delete
  4. Nice that you were able to get that done and cleaned. It's always nice when something can get all spic and span.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One,
      Yes, and it smells so nice. It was not especially stinky, but now it has a pleasant smell.

      Delete
  5. I wish I had a couple of claw foot tubs. A friend of mine who is a botanist has several in his yard that serve as raised beds! His garden is lovely & basically weed free!

    ReplyDelete
  6. janet,
    I am just horrified when I see beautiful, old tubs being used for planters! I do think they are pretty, though. They make good raised beds. Does he grow food or flowers?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need a bathroom cleaner! Where is it written that only women clean toilets?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tewshooz,
      Everyone needs a bathroom cleaner! I suppose because women are home all day with nothing to do but eat bonbons, they might as well get up and clean. HUH?

      Delete
  8. I am scheming right now to get my partner to consent to someone anyone to come in a clean up this place.
    Pinsol = clean house to my nose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. urspo,
      Give him a cleaning woman as a gift. How can he turn that down?

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.