Contact Me

Thursday, August 23, 2018

Long Wednesday

I was thinking on Tuesday that the $50 bill needed to be deposited so that if the new card happened to come as promised, the deposit needed to be done before things move forward with the car rental. So, I called my friend around the block and asked him if he would help me. I made a deposit slip and put that and the $50 in a used envelop. 

He knocked on the door at 9:15 this morning, and I stumbled to the door and gave it to him and thanked him. I had only a few hours sleep but turned on the tv. Less than ten minutes, there was a sharp rap. No one was there so I opened the door and found an envelope with card in it. 

I did everything correctly  over the phone. It could not be set up. A woman tried to do it on the phone, and it did not work. Then, I called bank and I had to go in.

The only thing to do? Call exbf and see if he would come up here and take me to bank and then to get car. He just put on clothes and headed out. He did not shave. I don't even think he combed his hair. Under the circumstances I certainly did not care. 

The woman at the bank could not get her machine to work and had to use another one. He took me to get the car and the cold bitch said I should have made a reservation. There was no "let me see what I can do."  Soooo, we went back to attorney and he found two parking places, making it easy to get out of traffic. 

I went inside and stood or sat while the assistant called for two + hours, finally finding one in Huntsville. We left about 4  pm with the rental closing at 5:30. We stopped b y the house and  I got water for us, cheese, and apples sauce. He had printed directions, none of which I needed. We got there at 5:20 after we made a wrong turn, thanks to me. 

We left at about 6:45. They locked us in at 6 pm/ I was so exhausted. They gave me a gray Nissan Altima. I turn it in here, in Cullman tomorrow and pick up another one. ugh. 

I ate at KFC in town. He got a blt at Sonic in Huntsville and ate in his car as he drove. Huntsville is about an hour north of here. 

He did not want me to wait or show him the way out of the city. We argued. He said he would just go the wat back the way he came. WRONG!  I just hung around Sonic and finally drove up beside him. H said nicely, "Do you want me to follow you?" Yes.

I knew we were half a mile from the interstate, and he was going to wind around parallel to it. 

We both got home safely. 

I cannot get into this car without whacking my head EVERY TIME.

noediting here and have not answere comments. I will. exhaustion 

4 comments:

  1. I am hoping your days get simpler as you deal with the problems that come up with all this accident business. I hope your exbf will be feeling more like himself soon. Get plenty of rest. You both are in my thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tana50,
      Everyone at attorney's office said they have never had anyone have this much trouble getting a car. Some days, I think this IS himself showing up. I slept until noon today and really hurt.

      Delete
  2. Don't do more head whacking. It's bad on the complexion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Urspo,
    No kidding! It certainly rings my bell! I would probably not care about my complexion if I kept this up.

    ReplyDelete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.