Contact Me

Friday, August 31, 2018

One Thing

I love cole slaw. For the last few years I have bought the grated carrots and cabbage. But, it seems that it is always gone around holidays. I have learned to buy it early. If I wait until Friday, I will have to go in about 7 am Friday or Saturday to find it on the shelf. So, tonight, Thursday, I went out for one thing--coleslaw mix.

Pork chops and chicken are here. Tomatoes and corn are planned to go with my meal. I bought one tomato at WM for a salad for me. Saturday, the market will be open, so I will get more tomatoes there. Corn on the cob will be from Publix and shucked since I cannot get the shucks off anymore. Since the wreck, my wrists hurt more.

Let's put it this way, I can get things open sometimes and do hard things. But, the result is sprained wrists since the wreck, so I can barely open the car door. It's hard to decide whether to hurt myself again, or do none of the things that hurt.

Anyhow, I went out especially for that one thing that I know will disappear during the day as we count down to the holiday.

Exbf will have this for dinner on Tuesday. He will be very happy! There will be enough for me to eat several meals and eat with him Tuesday and send a meal home. But, I got the One Thing I knew would disappear!

Oh, I will make half the cole slaw mix now and the rest on Tuesday. Old cole slaw is one thing I cannot eat. I am capable of eating the whole package, but I won't.

There is always one thing that disappears during a holiday unless you plan well, which I usually do.

Have you ever been on a search for some food at the last minute for a holiday? I know that at least once in our cooking adventures and hosting holiday events, there has been one thing you forgot or that eluded you. And, I would love to hear about it!

3 comments:

  1. Sorry my tale is in reverse buying something larger than needed!!!

    Cole slaw is tasty isn't it. I sometimes add a little apple and some walnuts to mine …
    I needed a few walnuts to keep in the kitchen cupboard, our local store usually has small bags, but not the day I went. I had to buy quite a large one … never mind I'm sure we will enjoy them!

    Have a good weekend, and happy September wishes too

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan,
      I have done the same thing--buying the large size because that was the only thing I could find.

      Delete
  2. I have to show my appreciation to the writer just for bailing me out of this particular circumstance. Just after exploring throughout the world-wide-web and finding solutions that were not beneficial, I figured my life was over. Living without the approaches to the difficulties you’ve fixed through your good short post is a crucial case, and those that would have badly affected my entire career if I had not come across your site. Your personal knowledge and kindness in touching the whole thing was useful. I don’t know what I would have done if I hadn’t come across such a thing like this. I can also now relish my future. Thanks a lot so much for the impressive and amazing help. I won’t be reluctant to suggest your web page to any person who desires guidance on this matter. Best coffee maker

    ReplyDelete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.