Contact Me

Thursday, August 9, 2018

Nothing happening, and that is a problem

When I went out in the truck on Thursday, I started combing my hair. I never put my hair caught in my comb in the car, I just stick my fingers out the cracked window and wiggle my fingers to let it fly in the wind or drop, depending on whether I am driving 20 mph or stopped at a light. Sometimes, guys wave at me when I waggle my fingers to loosen the hair so it will drop..

On Thursday, I did the same thing in the red Silverado during a very light sprinkle. When I came out of the business, I could see the whole side of the truck with my long hair stuck to it. Just now, I told exbf and he had a good laugh.  It never stuck to my car.

He put two more days on the rental since here it is Thursday evening and I have not been contacted by the other insurance company and the business does not respond to my calling.

It is after 6 pm on Thursday and E has not come. She made plans this morning to come here, and yelled at me. Then, I left to do something which was why I left without combing my hair. I rushed back home, expecting her to be here when I arrived. Nope, nothing.  After rushing home today, I wash my hands of depending on her. If she shows up, she can work. If she never calls again, then we can continue.

So, I called the guy who helped unload the car to truck. He is going to help me. I have not cut her loose, but I will not call her again, asking her when she is coming. And, I will not wait here when she says she is coming here!  If she comes, she can call me and I will come home. I will not be going so far I cannot be home in fifteen minutes.

This accident happened on Monday night. The insurance company knew about this when I called the business at 8 am on Tuesday morning. I am annoyed. But, I was told that it takes insurance companies four or five days to contact the person who was affected by their insured. That is not the way I remember times I have dealt with in the past.

My insurance company has had an adjustor out the day after the incident. A limb fell on my car that I could still drive. He was here almost immediately--the next day. And, I could drive the car. I cannot drive my car.

What has been your experience with insurance adjustors' timeliness?


6 comments:

  1. Used to be I would go directly to national company. Now I make sure I have a local insurance agent that knows me. No more hassles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a local agent. The problem is the guy told me the wrong agency that covers his vehicle. No one has contacted me. THAT is what I am concerned with.

      Delete
  2. Did the police handle your accident? Did the guy at the scene identify his carrier to the police? Maybe you could get the police report.

    Sorry this is happening to you.

    I used to be an adjuster...many years ago. I started in Huntsville, AL as a matter of fact. But we had to respond within 24 hours. I think commercial carriers are slower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got the police report and he reported his carrier. But the head of business told me an entirely different carrier three times. When the attorney found out they had not contacted me, he said it would happen and they would pay for the vehicle. I am not suing them, just allowing them to handle the details.

      That is interesting you lived so close. This is slow.

      Delete
  3. they are up to no good, that's certain. that's my experience with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for confirming my suspicions! I am taking measures to counteract my problem.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.