Contact Me

Thursday, August 23, 2018

Laughing at myself

When I had the truck, I spent lots of time pawing at the space where my old console held the gear shift. Since I had used mine on the console to shift gears for 16 years, I kept trying to still use it. Even to the last time I started the car, I still pawed at space. It was so difficult to become accustomed to finding the gear shift on the steering column.

I chuckled at myself every time!

Then, I got the Altima. The guy handed me two keys. I was so exhausted as I turned them in my hands and asked him, "Well, where are the keys?"

I had two plastic ovals (fobs, they say) with no metal key. He had to teach me how to start the car. That was a weird thing since I have known how to start a car as a child, even though I never started one until I was a teen. You first stick a key into the keyhole.

Push the brake. Push the start button.  Yesterday was the first time I had started a car by pushing a button. Then, I had to ask a car hop at Sonic how to start it five minutes after my lesson! This was a stark reminder of how teens know more than I do now. Let me rephrase that--more about certain things than I do. Of course, it all boils down to just a few things they know more about. Of course, he was not in need of my vast knowledge stored in my head. Besides, after not knowing how to start a car, he would never believe I could help him with anything!.

In a few hours, I will get another car. It is ironic that I expended so much energy getting it that I do not feel like using the car I have. When I was pushing for a car yesterday, I was planning on using it yesterday, but yesterday was spend getting the car.. Now, I hurt and am exhausted so that I doubt I will use it in the next two hours except to return it. I really wanted to go to the Farmer's Market, but it is about to close for the day.

I took the car to Enterprise as directed. They knew nothing of all this. Then, the bitch said she saw I had a car and did not reserve one. I gave her a bit of mind thoughts. She seems to not do what was agreed and makes my life miserable. Had a friendly dispute with guy, too. Finally, he talked to attorney.

So, I left and went straight to free dinner.

Free dinner tonight:
grilled hamburger, cheese, and grilled onions
nice sized salad, grape tomatoes  with choice of dressing
huge slice of watermelon
chocolate chip cookies, homemade

So, I had two hamburgers and suffered for having beef. No fun. I had another cookie on the way out because a little girl with a tray offered one.

There were so many condiments, but I just listed what I had.

The dinner was a pleasant end to another stressful day

2 comments:

  1. I hoped you indulged on the condiments. They are the best.

    ReplyDelete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.