Contact Me

Monday, August 6, 2018

Long Lost Things Found

When E, the cleaner, was in the bathroom, she was cleaning out the little door under the open shelves. She asked me if I wanted to use the little things that hang in the toilet bowl. I have not used these in over 20 years, yet they were there, hiding behind things. I never get down low enough to see what is back there.

So, I am using the Scrubbing Bubbles things to turn the toilet blue and smell to high heaven. So, sue me. I will not buy more, but will use these.

Tupperware makes a handy little gadget that is one of the freebies they give. It is for hanging clothes. It has a hook on top about the side of a clothes hanger. the whole thing is about 4-5 inches long. On the bottom there are two notches to slip a sock or something into so the socks can hang to dry. I love these but had not found these two. They are great for travel.

I was so happy to get them back. I can hang a pair of panties or socks in the notches and place the hook over the towel bar or anywhere it fits, not necessitating the use of the dryer. Now, I have about five of these hooks. They can hold ten wash cloths!

Plus, She pulled at least five pair of panties and maybe ten washcloths from behind and under the tub. They all appear to be clean and smelled clean. I think these were hung on the two towel racks over the tub to dry and just fell off.  Their discovery is like getting new things.

Unfortunately, each of the two days, she and I almost filled two kitchen garbage bags of things from the little cabinet and under and behind the tub. Okay, maybe it is fortunate to get up the trash, things like toilet paper rolls,

Several toothbrushes appeared and several combs. The cleaning toothbrushes went into their container and the combs need to be washed. I keep a separate container under the kitchen sink for toothbrushes to use cleaning in the kitchen.

She cleaned with a brush on her knees per my instruction. There was too much hair, dust, dental floss stuck to get all that into a mop. I have cleaned on my knees with a brush. My friend who cleaned the bathroom floor in exchange for something I gave him asked for a brush because he said that is how he cleans his floors. E did not seem averse to the idea.

With kids I always had discoveries when I pulled out the washer, dryer, refrigerator. But, this was a whole new class of found items. There is nothing more to find on the bathroom floor. Now, my job is to try to keep things off the floor!

What do you find when you move appliances or clean in hard-to-clean places?



2 comments:

  1. I love finding lost items. It makes it seem like gifts from God.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thrilled to find "new" panties and wash cloths, yes, gifts from above. I wondered for a long time what happened to my very useful Tupperware hangers.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.