Contact Me

Friday, August 10, 2018

"I think you are obnoxious, arrogant, and completely self-absorbed,"

"Will you be my friend?"

This was said by Dick (John Lithgow) on Third Rock from the Sun. It sent me into spasms of laughter. And, laughter again.

Finally, I found Third Rock from the Sun on tv. It plays from 4 pm to 6 pm on Laff. The wind must be blowing right for me to get this on my outdoor antenna.

Never disturb me during this program. !!!

My friend whose house burned loved this, too. He refused to watch it even though I begged him. After three weeks of nonstop trying to convince him, I made a deal--if he would watch it just once, I would never mention it again if he did not want to watch it again. I wore him down...lol. He was hooked by the first commercial and never missed an episode.

Well, it was a fluke to get that channel, so I am sad.

Okay, I thought that was hilarious.


8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It is one of my all time favorites. I suppose that channel is just coming and going because I saw Third Rock once last night.

      Delete
  2. Hi Linda,

    I loved Third Rock, too. I think it was one of the most consistently funny and bafflingly underrated comedies ever. The line you quote made me laugh like a drain. Thank you!

    I thought I'd share a laugh I had this week in the hope it will make you smile, too. I'm reading a biography of one of the legendary English barristers, Edward Marshall Hall. He was famous for his oratory and wit. Anyway, in a case involving an Irish labourer, he was asked by a rather pompous judge: "Isn't your client familiar with the maxim res ipsa loquitur?" He replied: "On the contrary, my lord. In the remote hillside in County Donegal where my client hails from they talk of little else."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Endofdays,
    Some days, I can barely breathe for laughing. Yes, I do think it was underrated.

    I have a list of favorites--MASH, Alf, Frasier, Third Rock, Modern Family.

    Very funny story! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! Frasier is probably the best sitcom ever. The characterisation and writing in that show were just amazing. Odd admission, I know, but I had a bit of a crush on Niles!

    One show I found recently was Maude. Did you enjoy that?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Endofdays,
    .,
    For some reason I did not watch Maude even though I was devoted to Golden Girls. I had and still have a crush on Frasier...Kelsey Grammer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Funny, one of my more vespine reviews on line said these exact words !

    ReplyDelete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.