Contact Me

Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Oh, the pain!

I could not sleep on Monday night, so at this point I have been awake for over 48 hours.

We went to the church lunch and the mayor spoke and answered questions. Everybody asked about bridges, road widening, bridges, paving, traffic lights--nothing else.

Lunch was a huge salad--Romaine, radicchio, chopped tomatoes, shredded cheese, cucumber (gsve it awau),  too tired to think. We each had four delicious chicken finger, and a delicious muffin. Dessert was ice cream.

Then, we went to Walmart to get things I need since I don't have a car.

We ate dinner at Cracker Barrel since I cannot cook.

Then exbf rented me a vehicle and will be reimbursed by insurance company. Wait for this. The reddest red, a pure color, 4W drive. Silverado. I grunt and groan getting in and just fall out of it!

The next time I go any where, I will have a stool to get in and out. I could hurt myself.

The only other choices were Corollas which are too small for me to get comfortable.

The Silverado drives like a dream. When exbf saw it, he said, "Are you sure you can handle that?" I assured him I could.

Tomorrow, I have two people lined up to clean out car. I just hope one shows up. E is not very dependable.

I have a headache, shakes, pains, but will survive. I did not respond to any comments, but this time I will.

All today, I warned exbf of crazy drivers. he commented that all the dangerous people were out today, the day I was afraid of everything.. My eyebrows hurt and I think I have whiplash.

12 comments:

  1. Take care. If you do have whiplash it will probably get worse before it gets better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My upper back and lower hurt worse all the time!

      Delete
  2. I'm so sorry you were in a car accident. Fingers crossed that your car was not totaled. I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michessle82.
      Thanks. I assure you my car was totaled! I saw it today. I may go to orthopedic surgeon next week.

      Delete
  3. Hope you feel better soon. Did you get checked out thoroughly?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. T'Pol,
      Thanks. I am taking care of it best I can.

      Delete
  4. Feel better soon! You have your aches and pains anyway and now you have another to load on top! And whiplash! Last thing you needed. Glad you got a loaner. That will make things easier for you. Take good care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tana50,
      I know! More pain! This was not a loaner, it is a rental compliments of exbf. Of course, insurance will pay for it. I cannot exist without a car at this point.

      Delete
  5. I wanted you to know that I am thinking of you. Your experience sounds horrific and is just the type of thing I worry about. We drive our old cars and take care of them and will never get back the $$ from insurance that we would need to replace them. I don't think I'd like driving a big SUV either. We used to have them. They guzzle gas and they are too big for my tastes. It must be hard to get in and out if you are stiff.

    I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alex,
      Thanks. I have always worried I would lose my old car. It would be nice to drive this truck, but it would never do because of the price of the truck, gas, and insurance. It is difficult to get in and out, but a stool helps. Yes, I am the old lady who needs a stool.

      Delete
  6. Some idiot hit me last week. He crossed over 3 lanes of heavy traffic and hit my car. I thankfully was going slow and didn't get hurt. It seems to me people are getting worse and worse at driving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Attorney's wife and I were discussing this today. She said people do not know rules of road.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.