Contact Me

Monday, August 27, 2018

I get so hungry! Yard mowed! Wisteria destroyed, I hope!

I am just not up to cooking in crock pot or in the oven. I can lift to do neither, especially a pan of food into and out of the oven. So, I don't feel like I am getting the nutrition I need. Even getting a sandwich out is expensive after a couple of weeks. I need a balanced diet.

Plus, since I hurt my hands and wrists in the wreck, slicing and peeling is difficult. Even using the cane or walker causes my wrists and hands to hurt.

Well, don't ask me what came over me. Sunday, I put out four meats to thaw. The ground pork will go into the crockpot for Taco Casserole, but it comes out like soup and is delicious. I have 4 small filets of chicken breast that I think I can get into the oven and out without dropping them or burning myself.  The bag of boneless center pork chops will get cooked somehow. I haven't figured that out yet. A small package of turkey lunch meat has been eaten.

Cooking on top of the stove involves too much standing! ugh!

THEN, I thawed four hotdogs and ate all four of them. I know!

This is not just about pain; it is about hunger. Two different days I just lay in bed in pain and finally ate my first bite around 5:30.

Exbf never cooked for himself. So, he is useless on this point. Although, he does take me out to eat when he is here. When he got a package of ground beef, he cooked the whole thing at once so he would not have to wash the pan more than one time. Of course, he cannot stand to do that now.

I am writing this Sunday night at 10 pm. I might boil eggs tonight. Thankfully, I love salad, so I can buy the greens for that.  Although I love pbj sandwiches, I will not be the old lady who just eats sandwiches.

Saturday was an especially good day since my yard was mowed. Plus, the guy pulled up and killed with poison the wisteria. I am afraid to walk to the chickens' pen when I get them because of the tendrils of wisteria. Next year, I am going to get one of the fire things that burns the roots. I will not use it, but he can.

I know that is an excessive number of exclamation points in the title.

Has anyone used the fire thing that kills weeds and roots? Any thoughts on it?

It's Monday night and tomorrow is a church lunch. Yippee! I need to get into the kitchen and cook! Ugh! I still hurt. Have you ever felt like you had rather starve than get up and cook when you were in pain? Oui and strawberries are on the counter to eat while I cook.

7 comments:

  1. My mother once used one of the fire things that kills the weeds and roots. It caught a root that was connected to a large tree by our front door and the entire front half of my childhood home ended up catching fire. Thankfully no one was hurt. That particular weed killing method was never used again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janet,
      OH NO! Who would have guessed? Did this burn underground to the tree? Thankfully, in the back yard there are no trees, and the house is rock back there. However, this all comes from the neighbor's wooden fence. This certainly gives me something to think about. Did they save your house? Thanks for this warning. Wisteria roots are very woody. WOW!

      Delete
  2. I know it's not the same as a crock pot, but do you have a toaster oven or microwave? They would be so much easier to fix some quick meals with less effort on your part.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. monica,
      I have a microwave, but that is not really an appliance I use to cook. I wanted a toaster oven, but nixed the idea last year. I managed to cook the taco casserole in the crockpot last might.

      Delete
  3. I love Wisteria and have been unsuccessful at growing it here in the high desert. Can't believe you actually killed yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tewshooz,
      This is not the first time I have tried to kill it! I allowed it to grow for about 25 years until it almost killed a tree. I watched in fascination as it climbed a brick wall and then got into a window. It tripped me as it grew across the ground. Yes, I should manage it better. But, it is out of control and impossible to reign in. Don't worry, it may not be dead!

      Delete
  4. Some genuinely wonderful articles on this web site , thankyou for contribution. Best coffee maker

    ReplyDelete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.