Contact Me

Tuesday, August 27, 2024

Late Monday and Tuesday and Electrical Problem

 About 4 pm on Monday, we got busy with food. Tommy cooked ground sausage, put it into a glass container and refrigerated it within 30 minutes, maybe sooner. I chopped the last Vidalia onion, put a snack bag in refrigerator to use, two snack bags in a freezer bag for the freezer. Tommy washed two Bell Peppers, and I cut in strips, one snack bag for him in refrigerator and a pint bag for freezer.  I cooked the last two burgers for dinner. We both had salad or slaw. I had a lot of tomato. After dinner, I hung up clothes to dry in the house. He hung them in the door.  Whew! I meant to cook a big package of boneless, skinless, chicken thighs with vegetables. Still not done on Tuesday.

One Tuesday, we forgot the Farmer's Market. It is on a list now. Otherwise, we will let the day slip away. It is open from 4-7 pm and only on Tuesday, easy to forget at the end of the day. We need tomatoes. We went too late today.

Tommy and I forgot the two returns we needed to make. Actually, it is more than just 'forgetting.'

I gathered some things from here to give to woman I helped. She had never heard of Cooking Bags. Now, she has a box ready in a bag with 2 bags of Christmas print freezer bags--one pint, one quart.

Since my cleaner is really busy, I may ask this woman to clean. I know she won't want to take money, but that is the only way we can do it. 

Someone asked why I thought cleaner flaked out. She has one really hard job, another part-time job, church activities, and may have had another surgery, but for sure one scheduled in September. I will ask mower, her friend, what the problem is. If she is not going to come back other than once a month, I need someone else. 

Tuesday, and we did little. We went too late to the market because I was taking a nap and Tommy forgot, too. That's okay because Wednesday will be a hard day. 

I did go over Piggly Wiggly ad on internet and found bscb for $1.99. Other deals are already on a list. I cannot find Publix ad on internet, rather, on email where I usually click.

The car dealer who had two cars we wanted keeps calling, different person each time. I actually had excuses why I could not talk the first two times. I left my cell with Tommy to take calls. Well, he just yelled at the person to leave us alone, that we were not interested. I wonder if that will deter them. 

Examining as well as I could, the fixture was installed over the sink incorrectly. I can see wires joined outside of a box by twisting wires together with nothing covering them--no electrical tape or the little plastic covers for wires. That will give me nightmares. When I moved here, I asked son of woman who lives next door for recommendation for electrical. He said he could put up the dining room fixture. Tonight, I had Tommy tape a note in plastic bag to railing for steps, asking her to ask him for name of electrician who would actually show up. So, maybe this will be done soon.  

The plan was to put color on my hair today. Maybe. Maybe not.

Do you think it is harder to get an electrician now than it was a few years ago? Why do you think so?

9 comments:

  1. We have the good luck of having a master electrician as a neighbor. If we need anything, he fixes us right up. No charge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alice,
      That is a good deal for you. I just don't know anyone down here. Maybe the note on the neighbor's door will lead somewhere.

      Delete
  2. That is a good price for chicken at Piggly Wiggly! I would get some of that too. I have to write my errands on a list or I will forget them too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belinda,
      I just hope to get some today after dr appt. I am afraid they won't have much left. We live by a list.

      Delete
    2. Belinda,
      I just hope to get some today after dr appt. I am afraid they won't have much left. We live by a list.

      Delete
  3. I enjoy going to Farmers Markets ...

    Sometimes it's not easy to get reliable tradespeople.
    Fortunately we do have a local electrician who is excellent.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan,
      I enjoyed it better when I could walk around. But, it is good to have such healthy choices.

      Back in my town, I had no problem. I feel like a stranger here with no connections.

      Delete
  4. My husband is handy with electrical issues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy,
      My ex was not. Tommy is not. I know more about electrical issues than both of them put together. I just cannot get up to it or down to do the work.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.