Contact Me

Saturday, August 10, 2024

Age Spot Remover

 I still don't know where the product for dark spots is located. I tried to find it online. I do remember I found it at Walmart and the brand was Palmer's in a three-inch pot. It said something about removing dark spots. It worked!!! It is not expensive but I have no idea what it cost. I used a miniscule amount on each spot. The spot was about a quarter of an inch. I had others that were spaller specks. At first, I only used about a rice-sized bit on the larger dot. I did this every day. Eventually, the spot was fading. This may have taken a week. 

Then, I looked at it and sort of gently scratched it with my nail. It started coming off!!! Then, it was gone. Eventually, I lost interest in removing the spots because they were either gone or almost gone. I suppose I should have done it regularly, just less often. The spot came back but not as dark. 

I have another product I purchased because the doctor prescribed cream to get rid of the rough place on the left elbow where I put my arm on the console in Tommy's car. In the winter when I have a sweater on, the rough place goes away. I didn't purchase what the doctor recommended because it had tea tree oil. Try UUPDERFF Urea 42% Cream + 2% Salicylic Acid. I found it on Amazon. I think it was about $20, but it lasts forever. I have been using this pot for over a year.

I have been putting UUPDERFF only on my elbow. This week I put it on my spots. It works. 

Anything with urea or salicylic acid will work for spots. The product the doctor recommended had urea. This is when I asked him if I could just pee on my hand. He said in med school, he thought it was weird to put urine on skin. But, he said he learned they were different. Yes, he laughed when I said that. Why not have fun at the doctor's visit. 

Retinol helps with skin turnover and will help remove dark spots. Urea and salicylic acid are ingredients that will help, also. I suppose the higher percentage works better, but be wary of using it too often.

Oil of Olay Regenerist Retinol 24 works, too.

If you use any of this cream like hand lotion, it will not last as long as using it just a tiny bit, grain of rice size on the spot. I suppose it depends on what you want and how many spots you have. Mine are few and not large, so you decide along with your doctor what you need. This is not medical advice, just what I did.

These places I had frozen off my back are raised and can be partially scratched off. The spots on my hand were flat and were not anything that could be scratched off. Keep that in mind.

Has anyone used any product or ingredients I mentioned?

6 comments:

  1. I wonder if any of those products really work?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      Yes they do! I only bought the Palmer's for spots. The rest I discovered they worked after I bought them.

      Delete
  2. When I started supplementing with zinc and selenium, my age spots on my hands faded away. Took about 6 months.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tewsshooz,
      You do mean taking them and not putting on hands, right? Amazing. So, the spots could be because a deficiency.

      Delete
    2. Yes, a deficiency. My hands used to be covered with 'age' spots, even a couple on my face. Take these supplements along with my other vitamins every morning.

      Delete
    3. Tewshooz,
      Good to know. If I ever get them on my face or more on my hands, I will certainly remember this fact.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.