Contact Me

Monday, August 12, 2024

Feeling Much Better

 Friday, we both had prescriptions to pick up at the pharmacy. Tommy had one and I had two. One of my prescriptions needed a PA, so I left it. I was surprised when I still received two prescriptions. One was for uti. I thought the doctor was not sending it. He sent it two days before! So, one dose on Friday and the first on Saturday has me fit as a fiddle.

Well, I think I am okay then try to go out and one store does me in. I don't even have to go in, just sit while Tommy shops or returns something. I bought a shower rack thing that sticks to the shower. Only one suction was included. This was not a piece that someone stole. It was tightly packed and sealed. Ugh! While he was returning it, I got another. All this was a pain in the neck and left me exhausted. We had to come home, and I went straight to bed for a much-needed nap. 

On Saturday, the friend who has wanted to buy my car came, brought her father, both drove it, and she left a $6000.00 check so I would hold it and trade for cash sometime this week. Yay! They both were shocked at how clean it was inside and out, especially inside. Her father drove it about one mile and commented to her that the steering was as tight as a new car. 

I forgot I hit one of those yellow things in front of car when parking. I told her is had no scratches. I forgot that one. I don't know whether to confess or let her husband find it when he comes with her to pick it up. It is still the same price. They are worried about whether the oil is dark and needs changing. Maybe. But, I won't be changing that for them. If they want to change it before leaving, there are plenty of oil change businesses here. 

Tommy is dragging his feet on car shopping. Of course, I have not felt well. Maybe this week we can get out when it is not raining. 

So funny--I had to explain to Tommy what a 'bodice ripper" was. Man had never heard that term. He clues me in to things all time.

Did you notice the cold front that came through?


7 comments:

  1. I'm really not great at keeping a car clean, not that they are ever really disgusting but gently lived in :)
    Last time I sold a car I invested $100 in a professional wash and vacuum and the buyers were so impressed at how clean it was, they assumed I had taken great care of the car.
    It will be nice for you to sell the car and liquidate some money

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kylie,
      This car was impeccable when I bought it. I tried hard to keep it that way. Other cars fared much worse under my care.
      I have heard that getting a car professionally cleaned is the way to go to sell for more.
      This money will go right back into a car.

      Delete
  2. Glad you are feeling a bit better. I am loving the cooler temps - but summer will be back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheryl.
      Thanks. Me too! It was in 60s last night, but the brick house made it just as warm as ever in here. The daytime temp was 'only' in 90s. So, summer never left, just humidity was a bit lower.

      Delete
  3. Please tell Tommy he is not alone. I had never heard the term "bodice ripper" before you wrote it. At first I thought you were talking of a seam ripper used in sewing. I looked up the term and found out what the actual definition was. 2 very different sort of rippers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janet,
      See, I thought this was a common term, recognizable to anyone. He assumed it was a stripper. When he said 'stripper,' he made a motion of ripping open bodice of clothing.

      Delete
  4. Glad you are feeling better and congrats on selling the car

    ReplyDelete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.