Contact Me

Tuesday, April 30, 2024

Tommy Again

 A $6.99 Dominoe's pizza ad on tv has tempted me for several days. So, I decided to get that. two meals for both of us. I called the one near here. They were closed at 6:30 pm. ??? I called back and got a man who could barely speak. He was a Native English speaker, but his voice, accent, lack of knowledge as how to pronounce words, and a very heavy slur made it impossible to understand what he said, and he could not understand me. So, he said he would get someone else. Then, he hung up. 

I called back or D called, forgot which. The woman was speaking into the phone from about three feet away. The $6.99 pizza would be $10.54 somehow. We discussed the reasoning behind picking up pizza and paying more. Delivery was going to make the medium pizza about $14. I asked her about my just going elsewhere because of pricing. She hung up. 

So, I tried to call another D in a different location. The message said the location was closed right now. At 6:30? 

I tried to call D customer service. It was a D number, but a woman tried to argue with me about getting a $100 voucher. If I liked it, the next month I could get the same voucher for $49.99. No, told her I only wanted D customer service. She was very nasty and said I pressed #1 for this deal. I tried to get her to transfer me which gave her time to pressure me. When I first called, she asked for my first name. I told her. Then, she wanted more info, like my birthdate. I refused. Then, she insisted she needed my cc number. I kept asking for D customer service. Finally, I hung up. 

I called back, thinking I should have waited for another option to press. No, this was only option. 

About 20 minutes had passed by now. 

I started talking to Tommy about what there was to eat here. He kept demanding to know about the pizza. There was show on the TV that annoys me and I never watch it. I asked him to change the channel. He would not, going back to the pizza. Really, we had moved on from that. 

Lots of cursing ensued. And, he deliberately threw the remote, hitting me. It was no accident. He said I was so confused and he could not tell what was happening because of me. He refused to turn the tv for ten minutes before he hit me in a fury. He refused to eat pb that was at his elbow along with crackers. 

Finally, he staggered to the kitchen. I did not go with him. Self-preservation, you know. 

Tomorrow, something will happen to end all this. Maybe I will have him buy the Dexcon or another type of monitor. 

He has a tell. He picks at the edges of things. Today it was the welting on the edge of his pillow. 

He came back from the kitchen with hamburger meat and green beans and a diet Pepsi. He ate that and refuses a carb of any kind. He is cradling his plate like a little baby and has his eyes closed. He can barely speak and ends up saying, "What?" over and over again. 

So, I have to go and see what I can do and not get hurt. 

Back now. He tried to hit me with a real Coke, refused to eat jelly. Said I was trying to kill him. Threw unopened Coke at me and really hurt my bad knee. Hit me in wrist with remote. I was screaming, shrieking since he was threatening me all the time as he swung Coke at my face. 

Police, EMT, and fire truck came, six men in the house and two on the porch. Blood sugar was 51 after a bit of sugar. They squeezed two tubes in his mouth and opened the real Coke. He spilled it all over himself. So, they are gone and he is eating pbj sandwich. He hates jelly on the pb, but is eating it. 

When they left, Tommy asked me what kind of asshole he was. I told him he hit me twice with things he three hard as he could and was swinging at my face with unopened Coke he snatched from me. He said, "Oh, that is not right!" He just said he was real screwy. 

I made calls today. Tommy received a call saying his doctor sent a referral to endocrinologist. Of course, the end of June was soonest they had a slot for me. So, I don't know how it will go for Tommy getting one sooner. 

I suppose this is another sleepless night for me. But, I will get up early to take care of his needs, doctor and such. A glucometer will be useless since he becomes uncooperative very quickly. 

The weather will be almost 90F and high 80s as far as forecasts see. My flowers had a good rain this morning and plenty of sunshine this afternoon. 

Do you have Mayday plans?

6 comments:

  1. Oh Linda, I have been so sorry to hear about Tommy's recent episodes. He should see the Dr who writes the RX for his insulin. If they say that he could be seen in a month or two, you may have to go to the ER.I know very little about diabetes management. Is it possible that his dose needs to be increased or the frequency might need to be adjusted.
    I think you need to keep a little orange juice on hand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janet,
      I have food and drink to help, but he refuses anything from me, saying I am trying to kill him. The doctor who prescribes his insulin told him last time to note if he feels okay. I had just told him how Tommy did not know what was happening around him when he has an episode. I think the doctor does not want to listen to me. He is just MD but should know better. He is old and probably thinks women should stay in their place.

      Delete
  2. I don't have a good answer, but something needs to be done and quickly. One or both of you are going to end up in the hospital or worse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is dangerous to take insulin when you don't know what the glucose numbers are! If he hasn't eaten any carbs, there might not be a need for insulin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If he is having episodes of hypoglycemia, his insulin is too much. My diabetic neighbor tests her blood 5 times a day and takes responsibility for her health. She is an adult. Tommy acts like a spoilt 12 year old brat.

    ReplyDelete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.