Contact Me

Sunday, April 14, 2024

Sleep and Weight

 Friday night, I slept 12 hours, maybe more. I have lost another 5 pounds, making it 20 pounds lost. I must get an appointment to see what this is. Plus, my neck hurts and is swollen. I suspect it is my thyroid and cancer from the nodules behind it. But, I hate to borrow trouble. 

Friday, I had mower come by here to check on my tire. He came from work since it is much closer than going home and then coming back. He drove my car to tire place that he chose, not a chain. The guy took off tire, dumped it in a tank and found the glue holding tire to rim was not holding, plus tire stem was loose. Now, I know why the tire lost all its air, down to 3.5 pounds. He went right to door and said he watched them to make sure it was done right. It only cost me $12. He saved me money. 

He drove it through the scary car wash. I told them I wanted a $10 wash, but woman put it on a $16 wash. Car was still very dirty. It was covered in pollen, so maybe this was as good as it gets. 

Overall, he was here for 1.5 hours, and Tommy gave him a check for $35. I hope it was enough. K said if he had the money, he would take the car right now. Hope the woman friend is so positive. The only thing wrong with the car is that driver door will not lock when all the other doors lock. You have to push down the lock. And, I cannot set the clock. We both tried, then both used instructions. That is the last $63 I will spend to sell this car. It sells 'as is.'

Tonight, I cooked hamburger, no bun. We had slaw with it. I think I must have eaten more than a cup, maybe two cups of slaw. I had no breakfast and only chicken sandwich for lunch. I got up for 20 minutes, ate lunch and went to bed again. 

I think both of us will get a new car if we can find a new one deeply discounted. Tommy seems okay with it after the exorbitant prices we saw on used cars, high mileage. Of course, we may not. 

Tonight, as I was making slaw, I had to open a new jar of Miracle Whip. As I pulled the paper and foil seal off, I saw orange. That is not good. I pulled more. Not only was the seal and orangey-red, so was the Miracle Whip inside and it stunk. The use-by date was May 24. Tommy got out another jar, same date, bought at same time. No orange, no swoosh when the seal was broken, smells great. So, that goes back or I will call Kraft. 

What sealed commercial food have you opened that was obviously spoiled? How gross was that?

The jar of MW I finished yesterday had a date of Feb 24. It still tasted and smelled good when I last ate it yesterday. 

Have you ever had to repair a car you were selling? I only fixed the tire because it was dangerous. 

Now, I am limp again. 

6 comments:

  1. My first thought is weight loss is from not enough nutrition?
    I use a lot past its so-called expiration date.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      I do eat enough nutrition and calories. I often defy the best-by date.

      Delete
  2. I once opened a can of Campbell's tomato soup & saw spots of what appeared to be mold 🤢 It was not expired. I threw it away & emailed corporate. They sent me a few coupons.

    I also used to buy specific nutritional shakes but got so fed up with contacting corporate about spoiled shakes that I quit buying them all together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tiffany,
      Yes, throw out that moldy looking stuff. Oh my, if I bought things that were spoiled often, I, too, would just quit buying them.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.