Contact Me

Wednesday, April 10, 2024

I Had to Say It

 Today, I decided today was the day. One way or another, I was going to talk to nurse who was supposed to call me a month ago. The person who answered the phone demanded to know exactly what my questions were. I told her I could get off the phone, write the questions out and call her back with 20 questions she could write down, plus there were questions with follow up questions. She said she would have her call me. I asked when. She did not know. I told her I had been waiting for a return call for over three weeks. This fact was what I just had to say.  I said this with no rancor. 

Lo and behold! The nurse called within the hour. It seemed we talked for an hour. But, it was a bit over 19 minutes. The latest tests show no sign of Barretts esophagus. The last doctor said I did. She said, NO. 

It went on like this with the first doctor telling me things that were not true. The nurse said there was nothing in his notes or in the test results. I may even have office notes saying so.

I had gallstones before or shadows of gallstones. Now, there is nothing, no gallstones. I was given bad news about my liver; now liver enzymes are fine. So, I am glad I am out of there with the first doctor. I have been told by other doctors he will not send test results, will not cooperate with other doctors. Well, cannot worry about that. 

Plus, present doc had sent a referral to an endocrinologist twice, and they were surprised this ENT had not contacted me. I now have a name and number to call. 

I did forget to alert the nurse to my unexpected weight loss, so I will just leave a message tomorrow. I feel looser below waist like I can feel the loss. 

I called a certain dealer about having a lift attached to a vehicle to lift and lower a scooter or wheelchair. First dealer--leave a message. Second dealer--no one came to phone afterI asked for manager, and I was switched to leave a message. Third dealer--sweet thing got her feelings hurt because she did not know anything about anything that lifted a vehicle. She got smart and said I was rude when I thought she was being rude and she would not let me talk to anyone else. I suppose she needed to sell a car. Now, all three of these were the same manufacturer, just different locations. I gave up for today. She was the one sour note in the day after making a dozen calls. I will switch to another manufacturer tomorrow. 

I even called about the bed I ordered that I changed my mind about. This has been going on for four years. The woman who was going to make it right three months ago, is not calling. The delivery would only put it on the front porch, so I told them I did not want it. Even after I explained neither of us could lift it to bring it in, they refused. 

The company that delivered and set up the wrong base and mattress promised to call me today. I have heard nothing. 

We went to Publix to get Diet Coke Caffeine Free for me and Diet Pepsi for Tommy. Both were b2g1. I bought two other bogo things, forgot what, plus milk for both of us. I need to go back for a few things. 

While we were out, we got all three store ads. There is nothing we want or need.  However, we both look over the ads at home and sometimes find something we overlooked. 

The weather was supposed to be worse south of us, but there was nothing to mention and even less rain here than expected. However, the thunder yesterday and today was scary sounding even though it was not particularly close. The wind ripped my hair around so that when I finally got into Publix, it appeared my hair grew down over my face. 

Dinner: Whopper Jr. while out,  huge salad with tomato at home, plus an orange. Later, I will have blueberries and Greek yogurt. Even later, I will have a bowl of kale. Tommy had Whopper Jr. when out,  ground beef on bun later at home, broccoli, and salad. We have so much food prepared! We never have anything on the Whopper, Jr. except for cheese, lettuce, and tomato. 

Today has been quiet, cold, rainy, damp feeling indoors even though the temperature was in the high 60s. This post may not be important to anyone else, but it is to me. I know--boring.

Have you ever had a doctor tell you something that was not true? This is the only one for me. 

Doesn't it seem car salesmen would answer the phone? 

4 comments:

  1. Hello Linda, I am alive in spite of some of my doctors! You are entitled to copies of all test results plus office notes. Demand them and don't take no for an answer. I enjoy reading your blog every day, although I don't comment. Your climate would be the death of me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tewshooz,
      I am glad to hear from you! People here on my blog are complaining about my complaining, saying I am at fault. You don't like heat? I must admit it gets to me since I am older. Comment again, please. I have asked for notes and been promised, and none are forthcoming. I have been told they are too busy, forgot, printer broken.

      Delete
    2. Well, it's not the heat, but the humidity. High desert is my climate. Go complain on no uncertain terms to the administrator of your hospital . Threaten them with legal action, if necessary. You paid for the tests; results are yours. Don't let them push you around.

      Delete
    3. Tewshooz,
      Believe me, none of us like the humidity. Only ac makes it worthwhile to live! I try to be nice, but when the doctor I go to now cannot get the records, there is a problem.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.