Contact Me

Tuesday, April 30, 2024

Burned Onions

 Dinner tonight is hamburgers. However, this was a 3 lb. chub that I had Tommy chop in a pot. I forgot to get the burgers from the chub, so it all was chopped. I sliced half a yellow onion and put it in a pan with water and butter to soften and use it on the hamburger. I smelled it burning and Tommy did not. He was in kitchen. So, he doesn't like onions like this. I will eat them and pick out the black ones. 

Tonight, I must sleep. There are calls I need to make tomorrow. Tommy called his gastro and has a referral on the way to same endocrinologist where I have a referral. Unfortunately, the first appointment is at the end of June.  I cannot get so little sleep and only in daytime. Well, I won't survive and cannot be productive. 

My main goal (other than keeping Tommy conscious) these last few days has been keeping the clutter off this table to my left. Things just settle here, and I am the one putting things down. Tommy never puts anything here unless he brings me something I want. He has his own table to clutter. I try to clean my table every night this last week since it was cleaned. 

Tommy has cut down on his bread-eating habit. He did not have love handles, overhang in front, or bulge above that five years ago. Now he does and has not gained over two pounds. I don't understand. He moves more since I have been here. I cannot figure out how he does it. But, he eats less after dinner now. 

I need to get at least one hummingbird feeder out. That means I need to make food from water and sugar. It makes me tired to think about that. 

Today, I was informed I have a colonoscopy appointment tomorrow. No one told me. Not happening. No one told me. Why do doctor's offices do this? It happens often to me. Do doctors make appointments for tests and not tell you? 

Tuesday, I will work on trying to find another doctor or getting us in sooner with the new one for whom we have referrals. 

Plus, I still have serious phone calls to make. Weather will be in upper 70s this week, so it will be nice and warm, just like I like it. 

How is it going at your house? Any deals at grocery store? Weather? Okay, got to go start dishwasher.



2 comments:

  1. I can't say that I (or my dh) have ever had appointments for medical tests made that we weren't aware of. Weather was snowing this morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One,
      Since someone did not tell me, someone cancelled it, too. Then, I got a call the night before asking me if I was prepped. Well, no. Then, I received another call the same night. Finally, the day of and an hour after the appointment, someone scheduled, I got a third call, asking me if was coming. Who knows what they do at doctor's office?

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.