Contact Me

Thursday, April 4, 2024

Companies Not Helping

 Like I said in the post I wrote this morning, I had lots of good sleep on Thursday night. That is where the good things ended. 

Tommy opened the door and found something hanging of the doorknob. As it turns out, the pest control came by eradicated fire ants, and put a sign in the yard. He was so angry. I spend until five o'clock dealing with them. We called the police who came out. The guy on the phone said we had to retain any trespasser until an officer could arrive. ??? Well, the cop who showed up said that was not true. But, we had to have proof they were here...a sign in the yard and bag on the door stating someone had been here was not enough. I finally talked to someone in home office who said no one should have come here since the contract was cancelled in March. So, that ended that.

I went out to look. One fireant mound was no longer used. There were three other mounds not sprayed that had fireants in them. I poked each with a stick to be sure I was correct. Worst pest control ever!

My car battery was dead, so I called my insurance company. My policy does not cover putting in a new battery that I buy. But, the person said she would just put in a battery charge and if they accepted it, it would be covered. The person came while I was gone after me saying to let me know before she came. She was angry and said she did not have the tools to do that. I wanted to replace the battery before mower looked at it. So, that did not happen. 

Auto Zone said I did not buy a battery there. Then, found I had purchased one in 2018, so it was not under a three-year warranty. I finally got the area manager who said he could check into it tomorrow. 

Now, along the way there were obstacles. One guy barely opened his mouth, so I could not hear him. He finally said he was yelling. Liar, liar, pants on fire.

One said I had to explain problem to her before she could submit a ticket. The problems happened at the three companies. 

Hopefully, we are rid of pest control company. At one place, my patience was worn thin and I asked the person if they were recording what she told me. She said in a petulant voice, "And, they can hear you yelling at me." I told her I could handle it but wondered if she was okay with them hearing her lie.

I have only told about  1/10th of the problems with these three companies. 

Oh, a tow truck charges $123 to take out battery and install the new one. Finally, I was emotionally and physically drained. We sat and rested while we waited on mower. He mowed and we talked about what a handyman could do for us. I mentioned that we needed someone to put a new battery in the car, a battery that was in the Rogue for the Impala. He said, "Oh, now that is something I can do." So, he did, and Tommy wrote him a check for $25. 

After he put the battery in and started the car, he stood and listened to it, saying it sounded good. But, he needed some money to come in. Tax return? I wonder but did not ask.

He left a bit before five, I think. I had left the key in the car, so went back out to get the keys about 7 pm, I found the motor was still running! It was so quiet that neither mower, nor Tommy, nor I heard the motor running.

I did survive the day, barely. I made spaghetti using the beef Tommy cooked. I had toast with butter and a huge salad. I feel much more relaxed and less stressed now. Spaghetti will do that to me. Facing off with three companies was too much for one day. 

So, the car did not sell today. Tomorrow, we will run it through the carwash and do a bit of spiffing it up. I looked inside with a critical eye. It is immaculate. I have not cleaned it since I bought it in 2018. 

The woman who wanted it is ill and trying to recover for her job next week. Like I said, if these two do not buy the car, the price goes up. 

The carwash is so scary! The car is covered with pollen, so I wonder if it will come clean. 

The wind was stirring my hair today like it did yesterday. As I got up from a chair in the yard, I was shocked to see the shadow of my hair, all standing up and whipping wildly. 

Two days ago, I bought eclipse glasses. Last night, a company in Bartlett, TN was on the news. My eclipse glasses were made there, so I suppose I got authentic glasses. 

When will CS actually give service?


4 comments:

  1. Ugh, I feel your pain. I went inside Lowe's onThursday to buy wasp spray. There were no checkouts with cashiers open, only self checkouts, so I went to check out and they wanted my member number. ??? I'm not a member at Lowe's, so I tried to use the hand held scanner. The screen wouldn't budge. I just gave up and put my stuff back and left. I can't stand what they've done to customer service lately.

    Very nice of the man to put your battery in for $25, I love that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belinda,
      When I go into Lowe's and there are nothing but self-checkouts, often no one will help me. I tell them, someone can operate the self-checkout or I can leave the &&&& and go to %%%% and get help. Sometimes, they just watch me leave. I cannot reach out to use the self checkout lest I fall from the cart. There is one woman who is very nice who helps graciously instead of making me feel bad about my condition.

      Delete
  2. Where I live in the UK we will not be able to see the eclipse, but I'm sure the TV companies will cover the event well.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jan,
    I suppose you have eclipses that we cannot see. We can only see it at 80% where I live. In 2017 we drove to Nashville, Tn to see a full eclipse.

    ReplyDelete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.