Contact Me

Monday, April 15, 2024

Fake Meat Could Negatively Impact Heart Health/ Taxes

Sunday was a slow day, with pretty sky that soon became really overcast in one direction. We sat in the park for a bit before we rushed home to watch America's Funniest Videos, always hilarious. 

We went out and returned the battery and got core money back on my cc. Then, Tommy took orange-tinged and stinky MW that was spoiled back to Publix. He got one with a date of August. Only car parts store gave us a problem. Tommy went in there, too. 

Sometimes, I have looked at the labels of fake hamburgers and such. So far, I have not eaten any fake meat. I did have some in refrigerator accidentally. Tommy ate them. Do you eat fake meat?

 Plant-based products could negatively impact heart health: Study | Watch (msn.com)Fake M

Tommy finished his tax return yesterday. Sunday, he finished mine in 15 minutes since it is much less complicated. I completed two birthday cards, one to grandson and another to son, father of grandson. So, we had six pieces of mail to deposit inside the PO. Only when I have Christmas cards, do we have this many pieces of mail to go out. 

Today, I took a good look at my botched haircut. I think what I did was cut one side twice and left the other side alone! Of course, I sat in my chair without a mirror and cut by feel. Why am I surprised I goofed? 

Do you eat fake meat? 

Are your taxes done? In the mail? 

12 comments:

  1. No fake for me - too many ingredients and chemicals. Give me the real thing. If I can't get that someday, I will be a vegetarian.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not and will not eat fake meat. Those products have SO MANY ingredients - highly processed foods just aren't good for us. I like to eat foods that have one ingredient.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alice,
      Correct. I agree. Some of the ingredients are allergens for me. Of course, I am allergic to mammal meat. So, mostly chicken for me.

      Delete
  3. I don't eat fake meat, and I won't eat fake meat. I also try to avoid real meat, if it is not bred and raised conventionally, or humanely. I refuse to even by lab grown meat, even as a novelty. That means I buy a lot of local meat, and I will, for as long as we have our local butcher/meat packing plant. NOBODY should willingly contribute buy shopping/ buying meat or food which has a centralized production location. What will happen is that conventional meats and local butchers, and all food will become a luxury item by being priced out. THEN, the meat manufacturing will move, like all other manufacturing does, because it's cheaper, overseas. Do I pay a bit more? Yes. But don't blame me when our meat supply is all foreign. Meat should be raised and grown, not manufactured.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We absolutely will not touch that fake meat. We will eat beans before we would do that. Our DIL was vegetarian for a time and she said the fake meat gave her aa terrible stomach ache ad it was not very palatable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lana,
      If a vegetarian cannot handle it, that says a lot. Thanks for this information.

      Delete
  5. We tried fake burgers once. None of us liked them so that was the end of it.

    Taxes were done last week. Our taxes are very complicated, so we have an accountant do the entire family. Worth every damn penny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If no one in the family likes a product, it must be not very good.

      If complicated and for whole family, i can understand the good value. I always paid someone to do mine. Then, I did not have to file. This year, Tommy did mine. It took him ten minutes.

      Delete
  6. My husband owns a meat market, so nope.. we don't eat fake meat 😂 We finished our taxes in February!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was going to say in the post, "Except for Tiffany." But, I forgot to do so." You got yours done in good time. Tommy kept saying he needed to get forms.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.