Contact Me

Friday, April 5, 2024

Wasting Food and Selling a Car

The friend who wants to buy my car still wants it. I drove it today, and my back did not hurt getting in or out. Of course, my back was rested when I got in and drove it so little that my back was in good shape when I got out. Maybe I can drive it after all. 

I sent her an email that I could not allow the car to go that far. I think I said they could bring their mechanic. The husband and wife are coming when she cleans. I don't roll that way. I can only handle one person at a time. This is the way I always prefer dealing with people. Otherwise, I cannot keep up with people doing their own thing and me trying to keep up. I cannot deal with selling a car and telling her what to clean.  Actually, the problem is she is going to help me sort and put away Christmas and other things. So, I need to be there and with husband during car looking.

I wasted food--my precious pot of spaghetti. Last night, I told Tommy I would put the spaghetti away when he asked what to use to store it. He had put pasta away. Today, about 2 pm, he asked me what to do with spaghetti sauce. So, it had to be dumped. I was so crushed because I wanted spaghetti, and not only did I get a second helping, it had to be wasted. Next week, I will make another pot. 

Tonight, I wanted tuna. I had one boiled egg left since I did not make myself a deviled egg, well, two deviled eggs. I had about two cups of chopped salad. I put a Tablespoon of MW, the chopped egg, and a can of tuna, stirred together and placed on top of the chopped Romaine. It was delicious, and just what I needed. 

Tommy had ham, kale, green peas. 

I put on a huge bag of kale earlier. I could barely get them in the pot, yet after simmering with a bottle of water, they were soft and delicious, about two inches high in the same pan. I may have some kale later. 

I have retained the 15 pound weight loss. I deliberately overate for about three days. The scales don't move. Doctor has not returned my call from 3 weeks ago. I am worried. 

Today, we bought groceries at Publix. 
a2milk was $4 for 1/2 gal. rather than $4.99 bought 2
white onion $2.12 @ $0.71/lb
Beefsteak tomato $1.92 @ $3.49/lb (exorbitant price/lb)
Nature Made Vit D3, 2000IU, 250 count
    Had $4 coupon for NM Vitamins, and $2 Publix coupon
3 bananas $0.96
Welch Grape Jam $3.09
2 Lindt bunnies, 2 for $5.19

I forgot to buy apples for me. Tommy never eats apples. I eat banana, apple, and blueberries every day. We will put lots of my milk in the refrigerator before The sale goes off on Tuesday night. 

We got the ads for other two stores while we were out but did not examine them for our cherry-picking trips.

I stopped at a yard sale today. I bought Keto for Life, by Mark Sisson with Brad Kerns, 2019 ed. It may not be any good, but it was only $1. I found a spaghetti strap top, pink sequins in rows, for $1. I plan to use this for Barbie dresses. Plus, I got a tiny buttery cake square for $1. On Saturday they will have new merchandise. I plan to go.  

So, that was our day. Nothing much, all calm. All calm is a good day for me after the last two! Even the wind calmed down! 

Do you dislike people descending on you when both people need your attention in order for things to go smoothly? Plus, I am paying one by the hour and she is involved with the other person? This is only in my home, since I have managed multiple when on other projects. I can handle two or more people in same location, just not in my home.

Do you ever feel sick when you waste food that is a favorite? 

Do you eat Keto and why?

Never mind all this stuff below. I cannot get it to go away!

11 comments:

  1. If the spaghetti sauce had smelled ok, I would have reheated it and eaten it.
    Yep, I do all the wrong things and so far it hasn't hurt me.
    There's no way I would have someone come to clean at the same time as someone buying a car. One thing at a time is enough

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kylie,
      I was so tempted to eat it! But, I decided I should not.
      Sometimes, we get lucky, don't we?
      Well, I thought maybe I was just being silly. Yes, one thing at a time. Since I needed to be with both, it would be a problem.

      Delete
  2. I saw that Publix has chicken on the buy one get one free sale this week .I bought power greens with kale and spinach yesterday at Whole Foods. I put some in my smoothie for breakfast today. I like to use fig vinegar on my greens when I eat them with a meal. It is delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belinda,
      I saw that. Another store has bscb for $1.99/lb. I have never had greens in a smoothie, but I am willing. I did not even put salt in these greens. Even Tommy thought they were delicious with nothing on them. I never heard of fig vinegar. Interesting.

      Delete
  3. Better to be safe than sorry. Food poisoning is no joke.

    If you're not comfortable having too many people in your home, that's that. You don't have to explain or justify. NO is a legit answer.

    I don't know that your weight loss is worrisome. Weren't you trying to lose weight, anyway? Could be your body has just downshifted to a new setpoint.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue,
      Oh, I have no problem saying no. She just made the plan to clean while he looked over the car.

      Weight loss is a sign of cancer. No, not actively trying to lose weight. But, I did have the episodes of diarrhea one week, and the following week I was throwing up.

      Delete
  4. Does your doctor have an online portal? That's how I contact my physician most of the time. They typically reply back in <24 business hours. Otherwise, I'd keep calling/leaving a voicemail every few days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tiffany,
      I called on a Thursday. On Tuesday I called stating when I called. Woman told me that was over a weekend and they were busy, to stop calling and wait. Well, I waited a week later and no one called back. Here it is a week and a half after that last call.

      Delete
  5. At the end of this month, I will have been keto six years. I did it for weight loss initially, but when I learned how healthy it is, I have continued. My husband started in July of that same year and essentially reversed his Type II diabetes. He was on four medications for it when he started, including TWO different insulins twice a day. Within three months, he was off all medications. He was late 60's when we started.

    For me, it has reduced inflammation. I have always said that I have the spine of a 92 year old woman. I've been pain free, for the most part, for the last six years. I have had one surgery during this time and the doctor and nurses were amazed at the healing process.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alice,
      Will reply again. This was a mistake.

      Delete
    2. Alice,
      It is great this turned out so well for you and your husband. I did look at a few recipes and will not be cooking them as there are too many ingredients, 20 sometimes.
      Plus, I cannot go 16 hours without eating. How did he manage that, being a diabetic.
      I don't know if I have an inflammation problem, but probably do.
      Somehow, I deleted my reply and did not want you to think I was not going to answer. At least, I did not delete your reply. Sometimes I do that and am very embarrassed.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.