Contact Me

Tuesday, April 9, 2024

Eclipse and Tuesday

 The eclipse is over. Clouds came over just before the end. We had 88%  totality, but never got that far thanks to clouds. I still consider the experience as spectacular.

I told Tommy to wake me before noon. No, he ever heard that even though I said it all day long on Sunday. I awoke so hot I thought I would faint. He turned on the heat in the night "because it was going to be 'down' 54F  outside." I was suffocating! 

I took the eclipse glasses, phone, a colander, and a camera. I did get shots with camera but have not downloaded them, so have no idea what I caught on camera. The colander provided no eclipse shaped shadows. Of course, my prescription glasses kept sliding off my lap onto the concrete driveway. 

Since I was late getting up, and I was outdoors or in here trying to wake, dress, and eat, I never had a chance to call the bed place. I will. Two months after the bed was delivered, I received information intended to be delivered before the bed. Strange. 

When I removed the sd card from my camera, I was shocked to find this laptop has no sd port. So, no way to try to put a picture up. Maybe this is one reason I don't/can't post pictures. Ooops, I found the sd port.

I had things to do beyond the eclipse, so I was busy and napping. 

Today, Tuesday, I awoke after Tommy called me at noon like I told him to do. We went out and it was raining, so I had him go in and get bscb for $1.99/lb. They were out. Tommy washed a load of clothes for me. So, not much done today, and no problem with that. 

When he woke me, he was acting strangely. He swears he is not, but we all know differently. I grabbed a sandwich, made him eat a little meat stick, jerky-like snack. Then, I had him bring two more. He was confused about where to go so we had to get off interstate and go to right place. He ate the two jerky sticks and seemed okay. 

How he was acting strangely before we left--he was halfway in here and needed to go back out of the room. Instead of coming all the way into the room and make a circle and to back out, he tried a new move. He raised the walker and hit two table hard as he twisted and tried to turn them around. I was yelling to stop, but he kept beating up the furniture, shaking it with the walker as he lifted it and tried to turn it around. I was just horrified. He scared me. Plus, it exhausts me. 

We came home and he cooked in a pot the two packages of ground beef. I decided that that was good enough for dinner. I had had a chicken sandwich for lunch. 

I am not ready to show the car! Doing stuff in the rain is not going to happen. Tomorrow is supposed to be rainy and stormy, so I will stick tight indoors. 

Has anyone checked Lowe's for reduced flowers that are not marked? I may do that tomorrow if the rain lets up for a bit.

Has anyone found that cinnamon causes heartburn and much stomach hurt? I think cinnamon is affecting me adversely, something I have never experienced. 

Somehow, I have not been in the writing mood even though I read blogs and commented. 


7 comments:

  1. It sure sounds like something more than sugar levels are affecting Tommy. Doubt that you could convince him to get checked out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We did not want solar glasses, so we used the colander trick. It worked perfectly. We had to hold ours about 3-4 feet above the cement to get the correct focal length. If you held it to close to a surface, you would only see full circles.

    I think the coolest part of the eclipse was about how the temperature dropped noticeably, and things got darker. It was a though we had put on a pair of sunglasses. The birds got awfully quiet, too.

    I saw that some solar glasses were recalled on Monday, due to inadequate eye protection! I would never trust my vision to a $1 pair of plastic and cardboard glasses. NEVER. There is no safety assurance whatsoever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue,
      I didn't try for long with the colander since I had the glasses.
      After I had bought the glasses and was sure I was safe, I saw a piece on tv. I saw my glasses in the factory in Tennessee. I felt perfectly safe. There has to be a certain ISO number, but they found fakes with a similar number. So, at some point, a person has to trust, I suppose. I bought the glasses from a reputable store.

      Delete
  3. I have never heard of cinnamon causing problems. In fact I take a cinnamon capsule each morning. Many years ago my Dr. recommended taking cinnamon to help with blood sugar. I have been prediabetic for nearly 20 years.
    I found this online : The researchers found that cinnamon cut cholesterol by about 18% and blood sugar levels by 24%

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janet,
      I am with you. But, I had a snickerdoodle and had the worst stomach pain and reflux. I don't know what I had about a week ago that had cinnamon on top of it, but I hurt so. Now, all those cinnamon brooms at Christmas drive me nuts when I breathe one at Christmas. Plus, I don't think cinnamon stirred into food bothers me. I am wondering if the origin of the cinnamon could be the factor that bothers me. I have put cinnamon in my bowl of oatmeal for the health benefits, and it never bothered me. I will ask the allergist what is going on, and if I am allrgic.

      Delete
  4. Here in my part of the UK we couldn't see the eclipse.
    However, we did enjoy seeing news and pictures about it on the television.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan,
      Even though I saw it in person, the scenes on tv and later the spectacular photos were more than I could have imagined. It was fun.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.