Contact Me

Saturday, March 16, 2024

White Dinner

Thankfully, the weather did not affect us. We kept our electricity. There were terrific winds and rain that kept us in. As usual, I could not sleep at all. I have forgotten when I slept today.

The Valentine's Day balloon is still going strong. At the rate it is deflating, we will have this on the 4th of July. I will not ever want another. Since I am not a teen apt to tape the balloon to my bedroom wall, and I hate to throw it in the trash, and do not want to keep it, I will find it hard to toss it. 

I did sleep from 10:30 until midnight. I did sleep from 2 pm until 6:30. Tommy woke me and told me to get up, it's 6:30. I could not figure out what he was talking about. UGH I could have slept longer. I did cook dinner. I cut eyes out of red potatoes. They went into a cooking bag with seasoned chicken. I had cooked cabbage last night. 

We had a white dinner--baked chicken breasts, baked potatoes, cabbage. Obviously, I did not plan for it all to be white. The chicken was next thing we were going to cook. The cabbage had been here about three months. It smelled like rotten produce. But, when I peeled off the awful leaves, it was perfect. And, it no longer smelled. Dinner was delicious. The spices on the chicken did add color. 

I have been watching this young violinist, She dances as she plays. She is talented. Maybe you will enjoy her, too. 

Since I could not keep my eyes open, I took  a nap. I got up at midnight. So, that is it. Nothing happened today. 

6 comments:

  1. Naps can be the best sometimes. A white dinner sounds good to me, we love cabbage cooked or served any way you make it, although I do love coleslaw especially.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belinda,
      Our white dinner was delicious. We just finished cole slaw yesterday and had cabbage today. I still have two bags of slaw mix in the refrigerator. So, we will be having coleslaw this coming week. We love cabbage, too.

      Delete
  2. Have you ever heard of the violinist Lindsey Stirling? I met her at a concert in 2013.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tiffany,
      On one of Karolina's videos, she plays with Lindsey Stirling. I think she is on more than one of the videos. You can find it.

      Delete
  3. I am glad for days with 'nothing' in them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      Rather than lamenting or being bored, I am quite content and maybe relieved as the day is quiet.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.