Contact Me

Thursday, March 28, 2024

I Hate This Purse!


 

Genuine Leather Cross Body Bag - Super Soft & Durable Crossbody Bags For Women & Men - Classic Bronze Hardware With Adjustable Strap (Red): Handbags: Amazon.com

I really dislike this purse I am carrying. See the three red tassels for zipper pulls? They were at least four inches long if not longer. So, I cut over half of each tassel. It improves the look a little. The vertical pocket will barely hold a flip phone and will not hold an Android. My glasses barely fit. I doubt cigarettes would fit. I had to mash the whole purse to get the snap shut. I suppose that is a good thing if you have put something into it. But, to just close it empty, I was annoyed. 

Look at the two pouches to the left, both with tassels. The larger pouch has a little pocket on the front. Well, the larger pouch has a zipper that shows the whole cloth part of the zipper. Not cool. The inside of the little pocket has lining that is already picked and has tiny holes in it. I wonder how long it will be until it just shreds. 

The two buckles at each side near the top zipper makes the purse too busy for me. The top zipper on the front has a matching one on the back. Those zippered pockets are over half the length of the purse, so it seems top heavy when I put things in them. 
The zipper in the top of the purse had a huge tassel, too. The zipper end of the zipper end is okay, but the other end is loose. I cannot close the zipper with one hand, so I have to hold each end of the zipper. It is such an annoyance! 

Inside the purse, there are two open pouch pockets on the front and another zipper on the back inside. There are too many pockets, pouches, zippers and tassels.

The color is the only thing I like about this purse. I hate wearing it and carrying it. I realize I saw a picture, but basically, I feel like I bought it sight unseen. Plus, I put too much into it because I can. It is about 9"x10"x2", way too large. Thankfully, I only paid about $29 for it, I think. I will not toss it or just keep it. Hopefully, I can sell it or donate it. 

The strap is too wide for my taste. The whole purse is made of soft, thin leather. The long strap was folded like long straps usually are folded. It has never lost the folds, so it looks cheap and not leather. 

Tommy left a cheesecake on the counter for over 24 hours, okay--31 hours. I only ate a piece late Wednesday night. I noticed it was not firm and not at all even cool. When I asked where he stored it, he said on the counter. Yet, he knows to put cream cheese in the refrigerator. I told him that information about the refrigerator was on the box. He came back and said it was on the bottom. I guess he was justifying his action. He is learning. No, I did not yell at him, quite the contrary. 

It is 24 hours later, and I did not suffer from eating cheesecake stored wrong. Dinner: chicken, green bean casserole for me. Tommy: chicken, potato, kidney beans, zucchini, potato and carrot. Everything was leftover, fine by us. 

My 92-year-old friend is much better, no longer coughing with much congestion. But, her husband fell last Friday, so he is having physical therapy at home. I still worry for them. 

I called a Master Gardener friend about the irrigation for flowers and food in pots. She at least gave me two names to add to my vocabulary when trying to say what I want. I know I do not want soaker hoses or overhead dripping onto plants. What I need has to do with tubes and emitters. 

The lunch at the church with meals and musicians starts back up. We will go, sit, pack up meals to take out. We still wear masks so no eating! 

Did you ever acquire a purse that was so annoying that you developed such a great dislike and unhappiness with its very existence in your life? 

Do you water with the setup that includes, tubes, emitters, time and outdoor faucet connection? Anything I need to know?




10 comments:

  1. I've been known to cut a few things of mine to make them more functional/better also. I would have cut the tassels on the purse too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the pocket you are referring to is for glasses, not a phone

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julia,
      I did put glasses in the pocket first. Then, I tried other things. Thanks...lol.

      Delete
  3. My dh put a drip line system to our shrubs and planter boxes, that are on the lawn sprinkler timer box, but I have no idea how it all works

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One,
      I am like you--no idea how it works. But, if we had shrubs, I think I would use one, too.

      Delete
  4. last summer for my birthday Someone gave me a new laptop/purse/business bag. It has more pockets than I can count and I keep losing things in it as I can't remember where things are located It's a bit of a nuisance .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      I had the same type purse that annoyed me to no end.

      Delete
  5. I used to buy & switch purses way too often. They were cheap & did not hold up well. I now buy one quality purse every few years. My current one was purchased in 2021. Classic black, genuine leather, no tassels, & a soft adjustable strap as I only wear crossbody purses. It's pricey but worth it for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tiffany,
      I have not bought a purse that was cheap or not leather in years with one exception. I like having one quality purse for years. I did buy $11 purse, tiny, crossbody two years ago. It was perfect until it tore up. I don't regret it. And, I never buy purses with tassels or dangly anything. I just made a bad choice this time. So, it is back to decent purses from now on. I knew better.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.