Contact Me

Sunday, March 24, 2024

Handyman

 Friday night, I slept well again. I only slept five hours, but that's okay. What then happened is not okay. All day long I was in a stupor. That is the only way I can describe it. Nothing I planned happened. I went nowhere I planned. 

I did not cook the chicken thighs or go to Lowe's for bedding plants. There is always tomorrow. 

I did put two chicken breasts in the freezer. Tomorrow, I will cook hamburgers. Hopefully, I will have gotten a nice tomato to make a cheeseburger with lettuce and tomato. 

Since there are things neither of us can do, I told Tommy that we need to hire a handyman. Unbelievably, he readily agreed. Now, I need to make a list. The light bulb at the front door on the porch has been burned out for over 40 years, so that will top the list. 

Do you have a list of handyman items? 

4 comments:

  1. I do...for my dh, and then he'll remember he's supposed to do one and say "why didn't you remind me?" LOL. It's more his own list he has for himself and apparently I'm supposed to remind him ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One,
      Funny. This reminds me of a dilemma. When we remind a man, we are nagging. When we don't tell him, we should have 'reminded' him.

      Delete
  2. We tend to hire out many of the handyman jobs that hubby used to do. The problem is finding a good handyman that will show up on time, is reasonably priced, and arrives sober!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. COL,
      Well, I have not had to worry about someone showing up sober, but then we have not used any handymen here except for the mower. He comes on time, can do the job, and shows up right after work, so probably not drunk. I worry more about what drugs people are on. I intend to ask mower about handyman. Maybe he will want the job.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.