Contact Me

Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Cleaner Came; Today Was a Winner

 This person is the daughter of my friend who died last Fall. I mentioned needing someone. She said she might be able to help me. She lives halfway between Cullman and Birmingham. She cleans for several people. One moved to Hoover several years ago, so she still goes to her house every three weeks or once a month. She emailed me and said she could come today. 

I had told her I needed someone to help me get the last of the Christmas items boxed and put away. Well, I got to thinking about that. These few little things are hurting no one. What I really needed was someone to make my bed since it took Tommy and I so long, 45 minutes to put on two sheets, spread and blanket. 

Plus, the reindeer were still out, baby on the porch, doe and buck in carport. Even though they were not in rain, they were still in dampness and sun and wind. We have large, gold glitter everywhere!

She made my bed and took apart the deer and put them in a box. She took them inside to tape. She and Tommy were doing it when I managed to get inside. She stayed an hour and Tommy gave her $25.  We gave her the candy canes, making her happy. She said she would give them to people at church. She works with children, so I suppose they will go to her class. 

The bed frame was on the grass with a FREE sign on it. While we were taping, someone took it--the mailman. I was shocked and asked Tommy how he got it in the truck. It seems he knew how to take it apart. I knew it came apart, but could not figure out how. Well, it was too hard. I am glad someone took it who can use it instead of selling it for scrap. Well, he might be doing that, but I don't care. 

Within three minutes of her leaving, I was getting into bed after changing into a clean nightgown. As I turned and over to sleep on my left side, I felt funny. Well, I barely had time to roll over and sit up as I threw up over and over again into nightgown I had on.  I had Tommy hand me the nightgown on top of dirty clothes, put it under the bulge in my nightgown. Once I got both nightgowns in waste basket, I realized liquid was on my panties and then on fresh, clean sheets. A wipe got off the dampness on sheet. Thankfully, it was like one drop. 

So, here I am sleepy, naked, still sick feeling! I had to get up. It's been over an hour and a half. I ate crackers very slowly, very slowly. I almost choked on them. I wonder if this is related to other GI problem I had. 

Oh, I asked my friend how her father was doing. She said he remarried three weeks ago. She laughed and said he needed someone to do all the things her mother did for him. She was okay with his remarrying so soon. I certainly don't care. 

Tommy has been outside rinsing nightgowns under the faucet since he cannot get the hose onto the faucet. The poor man has been doing a lot of laundry in the last few days. The faucet is so low that he cannot bend to use it. He must put his head against the brick wall to get to the faucet. I will have the faucet extended upward so we both can use it. 

Other than the cleaner coming, the mailman coming, the bed frame going, my and being sick, today has seemed like Sunday. 

I wanted to get meat on sale at Food Giant, so we finally left to get meds and meat. Walgreen's still did not have Victoza, so I transferred to CVS, Tommy went in and got top round roast for $4.99/lb., and a box of Graham crackers. The roast was almost $12. I will cut it in two pieces and freeze half. Maybe I will cut it into three pieces. 

We needed to get Dasani water, but there was none yesterday. I called and they had plenty. On Wednesday it is bogo. We can wait. 

My nap was 1.5 hours, not nearly enough. I still feel like I will be sick again. All in all, today was a winner. 

I will cancel the doctor appointment tomorrow. I cannot ride an hour to allergist! I hate that, too. 

Tommy found his own dinner--meatballs from freezer, broccoli from refrigerator, and a little can of red beans and rice.  I had Graham Crackers and later cooked ground beef on bread. I hope it stays down. 

Plans for tomorrow revolve around collecting ads and buying at least water and whatever else is on sale, clearance, or bogo. 

What did you get accomplished today?

What are your plans for tomorrow? 


-

2 comments:

  1. Today I'm working on-campus (hybrid schedule - 3 days on-site; 2 WFH). After work, I'm getting my monthly massage. My favorite splurge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need a massage. The only massages I have had were for a back injury, so the therapy was painful but wonderful afterward.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.