Contact Me

Wednesday, March 6, 2024

Happenings Today

 This afternoon, I called the person who was to clean last week when I was still in the doctor's office. The person who answered had an accent and seemed to have no problem understanding me. Then, she said, "Just a moment." The same voice came back without an accent--her daughter, I presume. She had no idea about the cleaning cancelled last week. I was confused. She was confused. I had used Tommy's phone last week. Maybe that is why she said she did not have the address. She will come tomorrow. 

At any rate, I had four fleas bite me last evening. I caught one and drowned it in Tommy's coffee. It was struggling to get away from me as it was trapped under my thumb nail running back and forth. The other hopped away. I was awake all night from the itch! This afternoon, I sprayed again. Tommy vacuumed some but not everywhere I sprayed. 

We finally got my meds that doctor called in. From now on, I will ask for refill when I will be out in ten days. Between primary doctor and pharmacy, I often must go without med for heart or diabetes for a week or more. That is just not right. 

I am so happy that DST will start this weekend. I am utterly sick of the short days. The tulip tree across the street has fully bloomed now, so that is something to cheer me up. 

Finally, Tommy has agreed to replace the storm door. Well, he did not agree to replacing the door. He just acted like it was his idea. I can see light all around it and around the front door, too. Maybe he will agree to replacing that or insulating it. Mosquitoes, flies, and roaches have easy access to indoors right now. I point this out often. 

I need to buy one of those plastic pieces to put on a corner where he rams his walker into it. I don't know if I can put it up, but at least I will have supplies for the person who can. I am glad I don't have any furniture he can hit. He never hits furniture anywhere else, just here! I know there is a less obvious way to protect the corner which could be done correctly with a lot more trouble. But, this will work. 

My mattress and base will be delivered this week. YAY! Sheets will be here beforehand so I can wash them.  I still need a bed. So, storm door and car shopping will commence. Before we buy cars, I need to find out the process and how much room for clearance I need for a scooter to be pulled inside. Tommy cannot lift one. Well, he could if he absolutely had to, but it is too much for him. 

Just now, I had a bowl of Greek yogurt sitting on the table by my chair. I reached for it and saw a speck in it, no larger than a speck of pepper. It was a flea! I suppose the bright light and white yogurt attracted him. 

Right now, I am boiling eggs since I have no bread and no cereal. I do need something to eat...lol--brunch or linner. We won't be shopping before morning. Tomorrow, I will bake chicken and vegetables. We had just enough for a meal tonight. I need to make more slaw and open a can of green beans. 

Today, we made a quick trip to Bessemer. We passed a man and woman starting a fire at the base of a tall tree, right against the tree on the roots of the tree which was about ten feet from the house. What on earth? We came back by and they had quit, and fire was out, I think. Rain probably caused them to stop. 

So, not much happening today. 

How about at your house? I have not seen ads yet online. Are there any good deals at your stores?


9 comments:

  1. Hi Linda - just a thought here - you might want to have your carpets professionally cleaned to get rid of those fleas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Madge,
      Getting to carpets would make us want to abandon the house...lol. The carpets do need cleaning, though.

      Delete
  2. I would suggest bombing the house with a good flea bomb, then repeating the process in 2 weeks, and repeating again.
    Also thorough vacuuming and disposing of the vacuum bags or emptying the canister into a sealed bag placed outside the house is critical for getting rid of fleas.
    How do I know? One of the houses we moved into had pets, sat empty for a couple of weeks and the fleas had a party, invited friends and multiplied like crazy before we moved in. It took us about a month to be totally flea free.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      I have bombed a house multiple times. Right now, I cannot clean up after the bombing. I always take care of the vacuum bag. Fleas do know how to party.

      Delete
    2. Someone mentioned warning them of the flea problem. I did. I have no idea what happened to the comment!

      Delete
  3. While you do need to treat the inside of your house to get rid of fleas, you also need to treat the yard on a regular basis. That's where they are coming in, especially since your neighbors have had animals. Getting rid of the fleas in the house will only go so far if the yard is not also treated. A pest control service coul dtake care of the yard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Frances, the neighbors still have dogs who insist on sleeping and barking as close to my bedroom window as possible. I have considered they may be where my problems started with fleas.

      Delete
  4. I would call an exterminator. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.