Contact Me

Friday, March 22, 2024

Pest Control Fail

 This is my third night of sleep, sleeping at night for about 6 hours which I can supplement with a nap. This a relief. I do believe it is related to taking med in the morning instead of the evening. 

I did get one item that was not in the store that was advertised as bogo--French's Fried Onions. This is for green bean casserole. 

Three pounds of frozen blueberries are on the stove. I cook them with about 1/4th cup of sugar and store them in pint jars to eat with yogurt. I have no idea how bold was turned on. The last time I did this, I really enjoyed the healthy snack. About a month or six weeks after Tommy told me I finished the last pint, he brought a pint that was moldy that was pushed back where neither of us could see it. I was so sad. So was he. There is no room in the freezer, but this time I will make room for at least two pints. I cannot wait to have some later. 

We contracted pest control for the inside and outside of the house. The guy said they would spray the house Wednesday or Thursday. Well, here is is Friday night. I called them about 3 pm to discuss what was happening. No one knows anything about spraying inside the house. They have no record of us calling. However, I caught a bit of a text about spraying the yard for mosquitoes. I was complaining about fleas. FLEAS in the house!

Plus, I emphasized no texts! I get no notification of texts arriving, and they are hard to access. Plus, the screen goes dark and turns off the text when I regain light. I refuse to search for texts! I don't like texts on this phone. My last phone was okay with texts. I ran out of best flea killer I have ever used and forgot to get more. So, I am annoyed that fleas will bite me again. And, they have the cc number and probably have charged us. 

The heavy rain forecasted did not affect us here. Pollen has been tormenting me, but it appears it didn't rain enough to wash it away sufficiently for me. It drizzled on and off. 

I desperately need a new prescription for glasses. The only thing I can read is the laptop with magnification! Books are out of the question. Plus, I cannot stand the sun lately. I have no idea why my eyes are so sensitive to the blaze of the sun. Then, I read that as a person ages, the eyes are more sensitive to the sun. I will get prescription sunglasses! 

As you age, has the sun caused you a problem being too bright?

12 comments:

  1. Light basically only bothered me before I had cataracts removed. It was awful. I had trouble reading as well. Now I wear sunglasses when out in the sun, but it doesn't bother me like before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheryl,
      I don't remember before I had cataracts removed. Sunglasses is the answer now.

      Delete
  2. Yum, we love blueberries here and keep them in the freezer. My eyes bother me in the sun too, they are very sensitive to it. I hope you can get them to come soon for the flea spray inside the house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belinda,
      These had half-thawed, so no freezer. I would have had one chunk of blueberries. Besides, I like to keep them ready for Greed Yogurt. There is no way I could drive in bright sun without sunglasses.

      Delete
  3. I am super, duper sensitive to light. My eye doctor(s) said I have blonde retinas, aka: very little pigment in my retinas. So I wear prescription sunglasses, use blue light filters on my cell and computer, rarely use overhead lights and had my car windows tinted as dark as I could, which helped significantly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tiffany,
      I have very dark eyes, so I am not sure what that could mean. My eyes have never been so sensitive. I wonder if my retinas could have gone blonde...lol. What do you have for a blue light filter on you computer? I cannot go through another summer without prescription sunglasses. Thanks for that explanation. Were your eyes always sensitive to light?

      Delete
    2. My eyes have always been sensitive, but got worse in my 20s/30s when I started commuting/working full-time. I also get ocular migraines. No headaches, just visual disturbances. My eyes are relatively healthy, minus being near-sighted, so the eye doctor isn't concerned.

      On my phone it says 'eye comfort shield' & on my computer there's a 'night light setting.' If your computer doesn't have that, you can buy a screen that goes over your screen off Amazon. It's been an absolute lifesaver!

      Delete
    3. Tiffany,
      My only eye problem is a macular pucker which is pulling the retina away. Now, this sensitivity.

      The night light setting is a blue blocker? That made the screen too dim. I will check this out. Thanks.

      Delete
    4. Yes. You can adjust the night light setting. You'll notice the screen looks a bit more red or yellow. You may need to up the screen brightness though. Staring at a screen without the filter anymore puts too much strain on my eyes.

      Delete
    5. Tiffany,
      Thanks. I will give it a try. I wonder why doctors and ophthalmologists tell me that blue light does nothing and blue light blockers help nothing.

      Delete
  4. I've heard the same, but as someone who sits in front of a screen 8-10 hours a day, I can say with certainty my eyes are far less irritated when I use the filter. All my co-workers have switched over too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tiffany,
      Since people I know and trust say that blue screen blockers help, I tend to believe. I just wonder why doctors don't think so. It is not like the believers are trying to sell them.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.