Contact Me

Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Tuesday After the Storm and Pest Control

 When I awoke this morning, I thought Tommy was watching tv. No, he was talking on the phone. He called the pest control. He was talking to the fourth person after he called. The manager of the whole shebang was trying to convince Tommy he could not back out of the contract. Tommy was denying signing the contract, saying I did it. That did not appear to be a very good argument since Tommy had given my email to them. 

I got on the phone and we were back and forth. He said we owed $200 for the mosquito spraying. He said we would have to pay $99 to breach contract. So, I pointed out they were the first to breach our trust since they never showed up for the inside service. I pointed out that Tommy had excellent credit and that reporting us would not hurt his credit since we could then tell our side of the story and how this company was more interested in signing people up for service than providing services. So, he was going to listen to the initial call to see what happened. We have heard nothing. 

We are going to spray the whole house well for fleas. I will put out glue boards to see what insects show up. We can pay cleaner or handyman to do what we cannot do, like moving things. 

The handyman can close up the huge hole under the sink. I was unaware of the hole until Tommy warned me. Oh my! He says it is huge and any kind of critter can come in. We will have people we can pay to do things to keep bugs and critters out of the house. 

I was not fond of the spraying to rid the outside of the house of wasps. I know where the nests are, just cannot reach them. They are under the metal ramp. We have managed to control wasp nests under the eaves, so we can continue without killing bees and other pollinators. We have already put out bait for fire ants. 

We have no idea what they intend to do to "punish" us for their lack of attention to commitments. 

Tommy went to Publix for bananas I forgot yesterday. He bought two containers of the best flea killer. Other than that, we have been at home. 

Tonight, I cooked two packages of chicken breasts and one package of thighs in one bag, no vegetables. I used frozen whole green beans for green bean casserole. I used the 'no sodium' Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup. Lots of onion powder and garlic powder took the place of the sodium. I used less French's fried onions than the recipe recommended. It was delicious. Tommy had a thigh and potatoes, carrots, and a huge salad along with his green bean casserole.  Of course, I had half a breast. 

Monday night, in anticipation of losing power, I put a battery-powered candle in the bathroom and turned it on. At least we can find the bathroom door, orienting ourself with the light. It is faint, but it works. We did not lose power, thankfully. 

After the storm and rain on Monday, today was beautiful, blue skies and high thing clouds. I think it was about 69 today, a day to make my heart happy. It appears there will be no rain until early next week. The children can have a dry Easter Egg Hunt. I always am sad when it rains Easter weekend. 

It is time to check the ads online. We still get ones from the store. Some of the ads are illegible to me. Plus, Tommy looks them over, too. Sometimes, he sees something we are low on that I don't know or forgot. I am hoping there is a sale on eggs. I want to make deviled eggs and potato salad. This will be the last week of ads before Easter, egg season. I don't think the freezer will hold more meat! I still need to put some of the breasts we cooked tonight into the freezer. 

Are there any deals in your grocery ads? 

What have you planned for Easter dinner? 

Will you be traveling? Don't go over bridges.

16 comments:

  1. I went to the shops today for milk and a card. While I was there I realised I didn't have a plan for Easter food but I didn't have time to think, shop and bring things home to pack away so I guess now I have to contend with the after work rush on Thursday.
    It was a miracle the bridge crash didn't kill more. What a great job done by the people involved

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kylie,
      Or, you could just eat what you have. That might be easier...lol.
      I saw that right after it happened. It was horrifying and mesmerized.
      The Molly magpie made it to national news here on NBC newsfeed.

      Delete
    2. We ended up eating what we had! which was fine. Molly is a super star :)

      Delete
    3. She keeps showing up on lots of feeds. I hope it works out well for her. Let me know if she gets to go home.

      Delete
  2. make a call to your local better business bureau and file complaint.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chef,
      I should. And, put it on their website and facebook and blog.

      Delete
  3. Easter dinner for the two of us.... kids are working. Baked Ham, sweet potatoes, peas (or asparagus if it's up) and something for dessert.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chef,
      Sounds great. I am thinking something lemon for dessert. Something easy.

      Delete
  4. I haven't thought about Easter dinner yet 😬 Maybe some ham, cheesy potatoes (I make those in the crockpot), deviled eggs & green beans? We are, however, going to brunch on Sunday to celebrate our first date on Easter Sunday 2013.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tiffany,
      Easter is more to you. If I were going out to brunch, I might forego a special at-home dinner. But, your menu does not sound time consuming and delicious.

      Delete
  5. That pest control company has nothing on you. They didn't simply breach your trust, they breached the dang contract when they didn't show up for inside services. You don't show up when you say you will and don't provide the services you said you would? That is called a breach, and they can go to heck because they breached their own contract first. They can't damage Tommy's credit. Call the credit card company and tell them the contract was breached and the pest company is not allowed to make any charges to the card.

    The bridge incident was horrifying to watch, knowing that people died in it. That bridge collapsed quicker than a pile of toothpicks. When I first heard about it I thought it was a terrorist act, but watching the feed I saw it lose power twice and billow smoke out the back. Then I read that very ship had been in an earlier collision in Europe. So...?

    We are not doing any too special for Easter, because no one in this house likes traditional Easter fare. DH will to make his favorite blueberry French toast casserole, and I will cook bacon and make a crustless quiche loaded with veggies. DH ordered some fancy chocolates that we are all enjoying ahead of time.

    Aldi's finally has their Keto slider rolls back in stock (they call them a "seasonal" item) and I'm dying to make a batch of baked slider sandwiches. Probably for Easter evening meal. They are so easy to put together and so delicious. And Keto rolls means I can thumb my nose at the few carbs in them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue,
      I was amazed that they kept talking about us breaching the contract when they did not show up for one service and then came for the other while we were not here and not expecting. They did not leave a card or any evidence they had set foot here, just a text from the company.

      I was awake when that came on the internet. I never thought it was sabotage. Then, I was upset when I heard it had happened before. Horrified!

      We have a chocolate bunny apiece. I am heating frozen honey baked ham, not the original kind, potato salad, rest of green bean casserole, maybe broccoli. Maybe we will have something else, not 100% sure yet. Oh, I will devil one egg for me.

      Blueberry French Casserole sounds like a great dish. Recipe?

      I will check to see if they have keto slider rolls. I cannot eat much ham, but it sounds great.

      Delete
    2. Give me the email you want it sent to and I'll be happy to pass it along!

      Delete
  6. I am with my father and we had no plans for Sunday until Brother #4 realized the day and is transferring his families dinner to our house. Nice of them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      That will be a nice occasion for you and especially your father. It will save you cooking for the day. Maybe they will leave leftovers for the two of you.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.