Contact Me

Monday, March 25, 2024

Busy Monday and Things Accomplished


 


The pest control company is losing our business. First of all, they said they would come last Wednesday or Thursday. Finally, last Friday I called them. Someone would call me. This morning about nine am someone did call and talked to Tommy. She said she would call back in an hour at my number. Well, we waited for three hours and left the house. She called back four hours later, telling me she had something to do, someplace to go. 

As it turns out, we have to leave the house for four hours after the flea treatment. We leave for one hour, at least, when I spray. We can leave for four hours/ They take a brush to windows to clean bugs and spiders. I do not want the window brushed, spreading anything in the window to the room, maybe my bed. Actually, there are few bugs, spiders or flying bugs in the windows. They will brush things from where wall and ceiling meet and whole ceiling. We have had someone do that gently, not 'brushing' as they say they will do. 

I think this was going to cost $175 the first time. Nothing has happened when they said it would. She was supposed to call me back this afternoon. When I finally talked to her and reminded her she was going to call about 1o am, she said she had to go somewhere and do something. 

They said they sprayed for mosquitoes, but we have no proof of that. However, I suppose we will pay for it.

It would be so helpful if they did what they said they would do. Tommy uses them for termite control. So, I suppose we will keep that. 

Mower came today. The yard looks very nice. I asked him if he knew someone for handyman chores. He said, "Like what?"

"Well, first of all, to change the light bulb outside the house." He reached right up, unscrewed the screw and changed the bulb. I had bought a 100 w bulb at Lowe's today. The guy is very tall and powerful looking, so it was nothing for him. I would have to climb a ladder. Tommy said it was painted tight. No. He told me to make a list for him.

Then, I asked him if he knew someone to help me out. I did point out that it was not a regular housecleaning because of appointments we have. So, he said he knew someone. I told him it would seldom be hard work and not all in the same room or same job. He said he knew someone who might just want to help us out. Tommy pointed out we paid well. 

I will probably still have the woman from Cullman here when she comes down to clean for her friend. 

He will come on every other Thursday to mow and take garbage to the road. Now, I need to find someone to take out the garbage every other Thursday. 

Today, we had chores: a return, CVS, WAGS, Lowe's. Publix. It was a productive day ahead of a stormy, rainy, windy day predicted for Tuesday. I forgot bananas, so I will be sad tomorrow. 

The yard was full of grape hyacinths amongst the weeds. I hate to have those mowed down. They are very pretty but scattered about. I cannot get down far enough to dig them up and replant together or put in a pot. I did find short carrot seeds at Lowe's--Petite Sweet Little Finger. 

I found flower picks and noticed they were Christmas items. I need picks to help convert the wreath to something to fit over the mailbox next Christmas. I bought four picks, originally priced about $3. They were reduced to 50 cents each. So, I spent $2 for $12 worth of pics.  I was worried about the cost to convert a free wreath, so now I have $2 invested in the mailbox decoration.

It was a very good day. I have carrot seeds, yard looks great, and I have hopes of a handyman and someone to help inside. The pest control was the only disappointment.

What good things happened for you today?

Any disappointments? 

Do you grow carrots? 

Any recommendations for pest control product for diy? 

Is bad weather headed your way, too?


4 comments:

  1. Don't pay that pest control company a dime!
    They did not give you any proof that they sprayed!! If they couldn't be bothered to set up a time for you to get your interior sprayed, it's highly doubtful they sent anyone out to do the exterior spraying. They wouldn't have sent someone out twice; they would have done everything in one visit. Tell them to bugger off! (No pun intended, but I kind of like it, LOL)

    I am so glad the lawn guy replaced your lightbulb! A small act of kindness but a huge plus for your safety.
    Nice to hear that you may have handyman/cleaning help headed your way, too.

    I love muscari. They smell so good--almost like grape Kool-aid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue,
      We had it out with them. They tried to argue. I shut that down.
      Bugger off lolol
      I told him I trusted him to send someone who was not on drugs or lazy and would not show up. I also told him we would not push a person to work faster, they can take breaks, whatever is comfortable. Tommy told him we pay well.

      Delete
  2. That was so nice of the lawnman to change your lightbulb for you. I just love it when people help like that,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belinda,
      He did it so easily, barely moving to get a better position to do so. He is very nice.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.