Contact Me

Sunday, March 3, 2024

This and That Around the House

 I tried calling the guy who sold me the mattress and base to upgrade what we ordered. But, he injured himself and did not come in to work. So, hopefully, he comes in on Sunday. 

In the meantime, I feel terrible. I know you get tired of this complaining but consider how I feel with only 3 hours sleep two days in a row. That includes naps. Or, in the case of one day, no naps. I get grumpy.

These are the days that precooking and freezing are miracles for me. Before dinner Tommy said he could scrounge in the freezer to see what there was. He found a portion of a baked turkey breast for me that I ate with the last of the slaw and a can of asparagus. There will be enough turkey for both of us tomorrow if we want that. 

He also found a freezer bag with a boneless, skinless thigh; one carrot; and two small pieces of potato--all baked together one day. He added the rest of the thawed broccoli to round out his meal. 

These leftover meals certainly beat having to cook or eat a peanut butter sandwich that many older people eat. I am proud of leftovers that were planned. I think I cooked and froze his meal in January '24. He said the turkey breast was from January '23.  

I am continually fighting getting my meds because of pharmacy and primary physician. I am not sure where the break in communication occurs. I often must leave a message. So, now I am out of med for diabetes. 

Saturday, we awoke to see a huge yellow sticker on the car across the street. They have had a car parked partially on the street for well over a year. This car runs; there are never weeds; it is clean; the people are lovely. I wonder if someone reported them or if the police randomly found the car. Since it is in full view of our door and my chair, I just hope they don't think we complained. 

The candy canes-red, green, and white--need to be rehomed. I am certainly not going to waste sugar consumption on candy canes. Not one was eaten. I put them in a red Moscow mule mug for decoration. They were 12 for 50 cents, so no big deal. I do not want to use them at all. I do know all the ways I could put them in and over other sweets. Just NO. They GO!

Nothing else was decluttered. However, Tommy did wash eight throws. They are all on pants hangers in a doorway since his dryer with heat from hell would melt them. 

Does your decluttering ever involve candy? 

Do you ever have trouble getting refills for meds? 

10 comments:

  1. Funny: We decorate our tree with candy canes. There's a constant rotation on the top shelf of our pantry of candy canes purchased most recently, usually at $0.50/12 or less. This year, we found beautiful gold ones, Twinkie flavored, which a kid bought full price, saying he "splurged." I bought another box on deep discount after the holidays, so there are two full boxes (24 candy canes) one gold, one "classic" and a Ziploc baggie with about 12 taken off this past year's tree. (Between snacking kids and cats, we always have some candy cane casualties.)In any case, my decluttering doesn't involve holding on to an item to find the perfect owner, especially something like candy canes. That's not decluttering, that's indecision. The world won't end if you throw something like that away, you know. Failure to act immediately on individual items over time, however, builds up to a crisis situation. I simply don't understand the thought process.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meg,
      I always give away all the hard candy after Christmas. I absolutely don't understand you thought process on my thought process. It is something I do, ALWAYS. There is absolutely no indecision on my part.

      Delete
  2. You could freeze the candy canes for next year. save some money.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barbara,
      They would be gooey when thawed. Since is was only 50 cents, I just give them away to someone who mows or is visiting.

      Delete
  3. I always have candy canes for Christmas as a decoration. When I take down the decor, they are thrown in the garbage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      If they were naked, I would trash them, too. These are wrapped tightly so they can hang on the tree If I wanted. Otherwise, I would toss them.

      Delete
  4. The ones I get are individually wrapped, but we don't eat them so I toss them quickly. There is no reason for me to keep them after the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      Same kind I get, but Tommy says he likes them. He ate none, so I will give them away because I cannot bear to throw them away.

      Delete
  5. I decorated with the SAME candy canes for 3 or 4 years! I just tucked them into a cool dark cabinet. I never had a problem with ants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janet,
      Way to go! I probably would have at least sealed them in a storage bag.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.