Contact Me

Sunday, March 24, 2024

Plants

 Tommy took all the plants from the utility room. He did not water or fertilize them all winter. And, there is no window in there. I have not gone out to see how they fared. He said some really grew and some did nothing. So, I wonder. 

I had him put a cheap and on clearance tablecloth on the table, the kind of plastic tablecloth sold for kitchen tables. I hope it protects the table some and looks pretty. It is a 70" tablecloth, and the table is 24". Tomorrow, I will look the flowers over. I have a package of Cosmos seeds to sow in a spare pot. I still have not made it to Lowe's to get short carrot seeds. 

Once again, I slept almost six hours. I stayed in bed for another three to keep feet from swelling since Tommy was still asleep, anyway. 

Tonight, we had hamburgers, fries, and salad. I disliked the sourdough bun, so threw that away. Tommy had a pretzel bun which I don't like, either.  Later, I will have Greek yogurt and blueberries. 

I need to find someone to put up a watering system for the plants. Irrigation is the way to go because it is too hard on Tommy in the summer heat. I think I want one with a timer. I suppose that is the only kind. 

7 comments:

  1. I only have one plant in the house (Devil's Ivy); it's holding up well. It hangs in front of a south facing window in our bedroom. I rotate & water it every other week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Tiffany,
      That's smart. These are all outside plants. You reminded me that I need to get the lemon and lime trees outside from a bedroom.

      Delete
  2. Your dinner sounds delicious. Sounds like you are enjoying your new bed. I hope you are sleeping better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belinda,
      Yes, dinner was great. But, I will not eat anymore of the fries. I am sleeping all night instead of all day thanks, I believe, to taking meds in morning. The bed helps so much.

      Delete
  3. Cosmos are some of my favorites. We plant the Sensation variety in our flower beds yearly. They grow taller than me. I couldn't imagine those in a pot. We also planted the "Seashell" variety last year..a bit shorter, but the petals were so interestingly shaped.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meg,
      Maybe I should rethink the Cosmos in a pot. These were free seeds and Tommy does not want things in the ground. So, I will plant them in a pot and see what happens. Maybe can use a tomato cage to keep them upright.

      Delete
    2. Meg,
      These only grow to 36" high.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.