Contact Me

Friday, March 8, 2024

Lots Done Today

 I was very discouraged when I noticed behind the bathroom door had not been swept. Then, I actually looked around the bathroom better. I was seduced by the clean area in the middle of the floor. Then, Tommy put the clean rugs on the floor. She had not swept the corner most visible in the room or the three less visible ones. One woman did this, the hotel cleaner, while her mother used the vacuum. 

These women did nothing! Well, nothing to call themselves cleaners. The mother did vacuum about one foot into one bedroom, six inches into another, and an area about 6x6 feet in my bedroom. This was all I asked. The whole bathroom in 6x9 feet, so little to do. The tub, commode and a large vanity cover most of that. Yet, she could not get the floor at least swept! She did not clean under chair or table in the kitchen. I did not even check that. 

I know, I know...I said vacuum. So, if I had it to do over, I would expect her to drag a vacuum into the bathroom and move chairs in kitchen to vacuum under them. Actually, sweeping and Swiffering was easier and faster. Plus, there were two of them. Was one going to stand when she was here? 

Tommy spent at least an hour hurting himself, digging around in his mound of stuff. I asked what he was doing...getting stuff out of the way so she could vacuum. I used a reacher getting stuff up in front of my chair and out into the floor--kleenex, receipt, and tiny items, scraps.  We did other things to prepare. We are not stupid or uncaring of their time and energy. However, this is not hotel cleaning. 

Anyone that has ever cleaned has not stopped to lecture me on what I hired them to do. Picking up one extra thing should not be a dealbreaker. Yet, they expected me to call again soon. Well, they were talking like I would. 

Looking into the kitchen, I found a disposable pie pan in the area not under the table, an area that should have been cleaned. One way or another, it would have been picked up by a conscientious floor cleaner. There was a box, sink, table and counter an arm's length away. 

I will not publish more unfounded criticism of my handling of the situation. I am done.

Today, Tommy washed my new sheets with an additional sheet and pillowcases, a load of clothing, and a load with the quilt I put over my chair. I spilled food all over me and it. I gather clothing, he washes and dries, and I mostly put them away or hang the wet items not going into the dryer. There are two more loads to do tomorrow and black clothes for Saturday. 

Tonight, we roasted a pan of chicken, carrots and potatoes. Delicious. There is enough for two more meals. Yay! Plus, there is still slaw which I forgot to mention to Tommy. 

Tommy bought another bogo bscb package when he went in today to get three half gallons of my milk, and bananas. 

I made an appointment with dentist and allergist. Both are long overdue. The heating guy checked out Tommy havac unit. It is natural gas.

Now, I need to go over the rest of the Publix ad and Pig ad. We have one more ad to pick up tomorrow. 

I cannot wait until the farmer's market here opens. We are discussing planting carrots. What are you planning to grow?

2 comments:

  1. Your chicken and carrots meal sounds good.
    We had some fish tonight, which was low in carbs and very tasty.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.