Contact Me

Friday, March 22, 2024

BOGO Buying

 Today was a rough day. I am sooo tired. Last night, I actually slept at night instead of all day. I may have partially solved my sleep problem. I started taking my meds in the morning instead of at night. Things like thyroid meds are supposed to be taken in the morning. As a result of this change, I am exhausted and my eyes will not stay open. So, like a sane person, I go to bed. 

We had things to do and did not get to Publix until about 5 pm. UGH Never let me do that again. But, I did need things. Both of us needed milk. 

BOGO items and final cost:

Peter Pan Peanut Butter 2@$2.05

Philadelphia Cream Cheese 2@$2.20 He got the 1/3 fat variety instead of the one I told him to get! 

Nature's Own Honey Wheat Bread 1@$2.06 I will get another before sale goes off.

Edward's Chocolate Cheesecake 1@ $4.62. This jumped in the cart when I was not looking. 

B2G1

3 Diet Pepsi 12 packs 2@$9.29 

We needed:

Jello sugar-free Cherry $1.65

Hefty 2.5 gal.$5.75 

a2milk two half gallons @.$4,99/each for me

1 gallon milk 1@$3.99 for Tommy

bananas 2 for $0.25/each  I had three at home. 

Raincheck:

French's Fried Onions

Total $59.50 without tax

There is fresh produce, frozen, cooked vegetables, fruit. So, that is it for today. 

Tommy had called Keith to mow. Twice. No response. So, I called today. He had not heard from Tommy and was confused. I sat right here and heard Tommy leave a message twice. So, no telling what happened, but the yard has needed mowing for a month. 

Tonight, we cooked the eye of round roast with potatoes, carrots, and celery. Delicious. I forgot to have slaw. 

Today, the day ended up with high, overcast skies. The day was bright, not gloomy at all. The high was in the 70s. We are preparing for a rainy day tomorrow. 

I have frozen limas that I will use for succotash. The corn will be canned, but it will be good. I am planning to use frozen green beans for green bean casserole for Tommy. And, I need to cook the zucchini I bought this week. Remind me. 

All day, I have wanted to call my two friends who are ill. They are actually too ill to talk, so I have not called. Tomorrow I will send each a note. It is all I can do. It makes me feel helpless. 

I am going to be hanging Easter eggs in Tommy's Dogwood tree. That is all my decorating for Easter. Do you decorate for Easter? 


10 comments:

  1. I did my grocery shopping today and ordered my fruit and veg for delivery tomorrow.
    Instant coffee was 30% off so I got a jar even though I don't need it yet.
    There were no other real bargains.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kylie,
      Some weeks have no bargains, and I hate that. This was an exceptional week. I do buy ahead, too.

      Delete
  2. An Edwards Key Lime pie jumped in our cart and I'm glad it did because it is delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We don't decorate for Easter. I did, however, give my co-workers plastic Easter eggs filled with candy at our staff meeting last week. And my husband & I go out for brunch every year. We met in person/had our first date on Easter Sunday 2013. It's a fun tradition to continue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tifany,
      The filled Easter eggs is a simple but fun treat. That is a sweet tradition to enjoy with your husband. How long have you been married to him.

      Delete
    2. We started texting Feb '13, met Mar '13, engaged Apr '16, married Apr '17... so together for nearly 11 years; married for 7.

      Delete
    3. Tiffany,
      I read it wrong and thought it was a whirlwind romance. Then, I realized the numbers were yeaars and not days of month. I hope you have a long and happy marriage.

      Delete
  4. I don't decorate much seasonally these days. I am too overwhelmed/busy decluttering decades of stuff. I am making progress, but it's slow going.

    I do have a lovely Martha Stewart wire tree to hang eggs from. It is old enough that I can't even find images of it online! But it is huge. I still have the eggs my kids dyed when they were younger. Someday i will display them again, just not now.

    Besides, my dining room has been taken over by DH and DH; it is where they paint their Warhammer models. Yes, grown men painting plastic figurines. Well, that hot hunk of manhood Henry Cavill paints them, too. So if my handsome men want to get in on that, I guess it's okay.
    Endless LOLs!!! ;^D ;^D ;^D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue,
      I never decorate much for Easter, either. These eggs are not on the tree outdoors, yet. Maybe I am not decorating at all.
      The Martha Stewart tree sounds really nice. And, to put eggs on the kids decorated elevates it.
      Funny about the models and Henry Cavill,

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.