Contact Me

Friday, March 29, 2024

Essential Tremors Treatment

My  92-year-old friend has essential tremors. The med she takes is only partially effective, according to her. She worries because her two children have the same thing. 

I read an article about a new treatment to cure it. I knew brain surgery was available. But, this new treatment is incisionless. It involves ultrasound. Click Here to read about this new treatment. 

Tommy woke me early since I had to do damage control for something I did, bad mistake. However, all is well. Then, I cancelled dermatology appointment because I could not get an appointment for him at the same time. Since I was up too early despite sleeping well last night, I needed a nap. I slept well Thursday night but not long enough.

Friday, we were homebodies. Tommy washed, dried, and folded two loads of his clothing. I usually see this. But, he was finished by the time I got up from a very early nap.

I froze 3 baked chicken breasts, chopped onions that Tommy cooked with 4 pounds of ground beef. Tomorrow, I will make spaghetti with part of the cooked ground beef and freeze the rest. 

I called my friend about the treatment for essential tremors, and she was thrilled. She wants it especially for her children. She has been sad because they have to go through what she is going through. 

We went out today to get bread, milk, and bananas. Tommy bought ice cream, too. He goes for the cheap stuff and it is slimy with gums. Yuck. That will keep me from eating it. 

As we were getting into the car, there must have been a dozen wasps flitting around trying to get into the car. When we came back, he opened the door, and one was coming in. He is so slow to react since he does not hear well. I had to tell him to shut the door several times! Maybe Saturday I can buy wasp spray. They are building nests under the porch ceiling. Of course, this is what wasps do this time of year. 

Today, I have been going through papers, either saving or put in waste basket for recycling. I have a basket in front of me where I put all recycling. Tommy then takes it and sorts it into separate bags. Today, he took many bags of recycling to Rogue and we took all that to Publix where an employee unloaded it at the curb and put into proper containers. Tommy tipped the guy since it was so much. Removing that cleared out a huge space in the dining room. Good! I don't know why we don't take it to Publix when it is just one bag of paper or bottles or Styrofoam. 

I have filled that wastebasket twice today, and now I have another being filled. It holds water bottles, mail and paper, anything recyclable. I use the short reacher to make sure it goes in. Most of the time, it does not if I don't use the reacher. 

Tomorrow, I will continue the mail/paper recycling. Maybe I will sort books I picked up years ago and find a place for them. I want to get wasp spray and other things, but I don't want to brave the stores with Easter shoppers. 

Do you know anyone with essential tremors who might benefit from this new treatment? Are you familiar with the ultrasound method? Or, do you know about it and I am the last to know. 

Are you lucky enough to have recyclable pickup at your home?


8 comments:

  1. It's news to me but then again 'new treatments' are always heard first from patients not colleagues. I am intrigued ow to find out if there is anything legit about it in the medical news.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not heard of the ultrasound treatment. Both my grandma and my mom had essential tremors, so it's likely I'll end up with it. The meds they took helped some, but not a lot. Good to know there is a new option available.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One,
      It's always good to hear that there will be help for something you expect may affect you.

      Delete
  3. Having researched ET focused ultrasound treatment, there is no facility in AL that offers this. Your friend would have to travel to Emory in Atlanta for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. slugmama,
      I had not looked into where. She can get to Emory in Atlanta. Thanks for that.

      Delete
    2. Slugmama,
      She was due to go to Nashville for ET last week before she became so ill. Atlanta will be much closer.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.