Contact Me

Thursday, May 31, 2018

Remember J? Drug Addict

The drug addict resurfaced. I owed her money when she was not allowed by her evil, abusive bf to come here ever again.

She worked knowing I would have the money the next day. He would not allow her to come back. I texted her at least a half dozen times, exhorting her to come get her money. She no longer had a phone, so sent text to her bf several times during November, December, and January.

Actually, she worked one hour, got mad and left. Came back another day, had cramps and left after two hours. Then, worked part of a day later on, all the while wanting me to wait until she had a $25 money order to send to keep her from being arrested. I even paid for the money order, but that cost will come out of her money I owe her.

Today, he texted me saying neighbor told him I owed her money and he was going to come get it on his lunch. I texted back that I would only give it to her since I have no idea if she would get it. Besides, had I told him to never come back to my yard again, EVER.

He texted back that she was going to be really mad because she had no cigarettes and he was supposed to bring cigs on the way home.

I don't even have enough money to buy a pack of cigarettes!

This is the last day of the month. They both know I get ss check on first day of the month. They have not bothered to collect what I owe her since last November or December. No, I did not put it up to pay her. I got a money order to pay her since she would bring an envelope and it would go to money she owed from things where she was in jail. This is second time a money order was about to expire. So, I cashed it.

Now, neighbor is mad, saying he does not want to get in our business. ??? He put himself there, it seems to me!  Her bf was trying to get money from neighbor for cigarettes today.

She still has not gotten a job. She is still waiting for fast food place to call her back. The manager said she would call her back in December.  And, she now lives 25 miles south of the place, 40 miles south of me. And, he still drives here for a minimum wage job.

Oh, I have had fits of diarrhea most of the day, so there is no way I would have gone to bank if I had had money in there. He need for cigs right NOW does not trump my cramps and need to stay near the bathroom.

I have never had dealings with an addict before for this long, so this is all a mystery to me.  My being supportive will only go so far to help her. She has to grab hold of the lifeline I extend.  I suppose doing meth is hard if you are being irresponsible.

I do know some of you deal with addicted relatives. It must be maddening and so sad.

3 comments:

  1. I would be firm about only giving the money you owe her to her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry,
      I will. Neighbor they mooched off of for over a year told me to give it to her and get it over with. Besides not wanting to give it to him, I did not have money. Plus, I told him to never step foot in my yard because he was being loud and abusive to her.

      He told me to bring her to his work and when I did, he told me he would have me arrested if I ever showed up there again...like he could.

      If they are still together, he would spend it on expensive groceries in addition to the cigarettes. She can cook from nothing, but he likes slabs of expensive meat.

      Delete
  2. Keep in mind if you feel damnded if you do and damned if you don't you should always do what you feel it right. Might as well be damned for doing the right thing.

    ReplyDelete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.