Contact Me

Sunday, May 27, 2018

Groceries on hand besides what I bought last week

It occurred to me that the groceries I bought and posted did not seem sufficient and were lacking in fresh vegetables and fruit. I do have other fresh food in the house.

In the kitchen:
apples
potatoes
carrots
red bell pepper
onions
sweet potatoes
smidgen of cabbage

Besides all the fresh foods, there are a few things in the freezer, lots more dehydrated, and the commercially canned food.

Tuesday, the market will be open so I can see what there is that I want. Probably tomatoes are not in.

All this last week, I have been confused on what day it is! Sometimes, I was a day ahead. Some days, I was behind. I blame this confusion on odd sleeping hours and sometimes no sleep. I even thought Memorial Day was next weekend for a long time. The Monday holiday confused me.

Allergy season is lingering longer. Everyone is happy for rain because rain will wash the pollen from the air. Yes, and mold spores grow in soil and everywhere, AND new weeds and flowers will bloom. There is always something in the air in the spring to cause me allergy problems.

Chicken, carrots, potatoes, and onions are in the crockpot. Dehydrated celery and bell pepper are added tothe crockpot for flavor. I put the mesquite marinade into the crockpot without using it as a marinade.

I am making a Jello salad with apples, bananas, and fruit cocktail.

Memorial Day will be all indoors around here. I was not going to grill out, anyway!


4 comments:

  1. Yes, I also have some carrots, peppers, onions and a little cabbage in the fridge! Also some mushrooms, cauliflower and broccoli.

    Here in the UK we also have a three day 'Bank Holiday' weekend, with roads often busy sometimes it's best to stay at home!

    Enjoy the new week ahead.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan,
      It appears we like the same foods and keep them in the house. They are a good combination in one pot as well as singly. Is there a reason for the "Bank Holiday"?

      Delete
  2. Hi Linda
    Bank Holidays in the UK date back to 1871.
    Have a read here for more information:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bank_holiday

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. this entry sounds much happier.

    ReplyDelete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.