Contact Me

Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Memorial Day Ice Cream Disaster

The tubs of Breyer's Chocolate Truffle, 1.5 quarts, were the same price as a pint of other brands of ice cream. So, I thought I would splurge for the holiday. Bad idea!

First of all, the ice cream tingled my tongue, like something soured. I tried to get past it. No luck.

Second, the truffle was chunks of the hardest chocolate I have ever eaten. Of course, it was frozen. And, they were not chips but chunks, huge chunks. As I bit down on a chunk, it cut my gum. Then, later, another chunk somehow got wedged between two teeth--not the whole chunk, just whatever managed to get between my teeth. That hurt until it melted.

Third, I gave up on eating/chewing the chunks. AND, they were not melting like a Hershey bar. So, this was a long, arduous process that I soon gave up.

Fourth, giving up on the chocolate was worst of all. As I sat in bed eating ice cream, I decided that getting rid of the chunks was a good idea. So, I tried to pick them out with a spoon. Nope, cannot cleanly get the chocolate out, just knocking it all over my lap.

I had a bowl nearby, so I just let the chunks through my lips into the bowl. This chocolate was like syrup, stuck to my lips and went everywhere, and the chunks ended up, one on my arm that slid off leaving a trail like a chocolate slug, one chunk on the front of my nightgown, and one down my nightgown!

Remember, I have on a heart monitor? So, there is a satiny strap around my neck with the monitor suspended and four leads like spaghetti across my stomach. Well, soon it was all over all this and my fingers as I tried to find that chunk and remove it. However, I could not find the chunk, about 1" x 1/2".  I followed the sticky chocolate path that was on both legs and finally found the chocolate chunk between my legs on the bedspread and with chocolate on my panties.

And, I have bee-stung looking lips!

Okay, you are either laughing or wondering when I get a keeper.

This was not the eventful Memorial Day anyone could have wished for!

Have you managed so much agony over eating something as innocuous as ice cream? Yes, I needed a bib.

4 comments:

  1. I have had agony over eating certain items. Elbow style pasta gives me fits, trying to get it on my fork! I don't, though, tend to eat anywhere other than the kitchen or dining room. I haven't eaten in bed since recovering from my youngest's delivery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meg b,
      It was the middle of the night, and I was watching tv. At home I eat elbow pasta with a spoon!

      Delete
  2. there will be other Memorial Days

    ReplyDelete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.